Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID Verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the end-to-end identity verification space. With a global footprint, we have clients across a range of industries including Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, and with offices around the globe, Jumio has been the recipient of numerous awards for innovation from leading industry associations.
We are looking for our first UX Researcher to join a growing Product Design team. You will lay the foundation for all research projects at Jumio, establish best practices, and equip our team with a solid framework.
You will work across multiple channels; including end-consumer facing experiences, KYC management tools for fraud teams, AML/transaction monitoring tools for compliance teams, and a case management system for all things risk.
Things you will do:
- Lead crucial research projects, using multiple methodologies that will help us gain a thorough understanding of our customers needs and how that translates into the user experience.
- Collaborate across functions with product, engineering and business to help shape the long term strategy for Jumio’s products.
- Equip other’s at Jumio with the skillsets and frameworks that will enable them to apply a data driven mindset to their initiatives.
- Build the research infrastructure from the ground up. Including a user database, sourcing pipeline (leveraging vendors where appropriate), and an A/B testing infrastructure in partnership with eng.
- Package research findings into easily digestible deliverables that can be distributed to various stakeholders across the organization.
Who we are looking for:
- You can conduct research initiatives at scale that include various methodologies, such as, qualitative interviews, surveys, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, and A/B testing.
- You are comfortable taking both qualitative and quantitative approaches, and having the wisdom to apply the right one given the circumstances.
- Have 2+ years of relevant experience working in UX research for web products. Preferably you have experience in both b2b and consumer facing experiences, however a strong background in one is also good.
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills that allow you to tell compelling stories based on your research work, distilling findings into actionable insights that can be communicated across functions.
- You can balance priorities that will benefit the product, the design team, our company’s business goals, and ultimately the users we are serving.
- Previous experience in the risk space (KYC, compliance, AML, fraud) is a bonus but not required.
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
Jumio AI Labs in Montreal is one of three R&D centres at Jumio, alongside Vienna, Austria and Bangalore, India. Located in downtown Montreal, we focus on R&D in computer vision as well as general Machine Learning. We deliver components that power Jumio’s market leading products. Jumio Montreal is a diverse team of engineers from a variety of countries that all enjoy collaboration, knowledge sharing, being curious and driving advancements in Machine Learning and ID Verification. Our Montreal Office is also a cultural hub where we celebrate unity in diversity through team-building activities and highlight every cultural event happening around the world.
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Equal Opportunities Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and of all statuses.