Senior Windows Engineer
To keep a 24 x 7 x 365 Operations ecosystem running and enable Jumio to grow and improve service Infrastructure, operating systems and underlying network. This role is a combination of Windows Sys admin, AWS Cloud engineer, project contributor and when needed project lead. We are looking for someone who has a deep understanding of Windows systems, good knowledge of networking concepts, virtualization and hands-on experience with AWS cloud services.
- Deployment, maintenance, and administration of Windows based services and underlying infrastructure in on-premises or AWS cloud environment
- Design and develop solutions for deploying highly secure, highly available, performant and scalable services in cloud environment
- Own all operational aspects of running Windows based services and related cloud infrastructure including automation, monitoring and alerting, reliability, performance and capacity planning
- Provide Tier 2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve service and infrastructure issues
- Have direct impact on running business by thinking about innovative solutions to operational problems
- Quality documentation is an integral part of the role
- Drive solutions and communication for production impacting incidents
- Running technical projects and being responsible for project-level deliveries
- Forward thinking and planful for the future of Jumio IT’s overall tech stack, architecture and global approach in regards AD, trusts, networks.
- Hands on help with any future M&A activity especially in the areas of Domain trust, Domain migration.
- Partner well with engineering and business teams across continents
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 3 - 5 years professional experience in Windows server system administration, with at least 1 years in AWS cloud
- Very strong in core concepts around Windows operating systems, networks , DNS, TCP/IP, and Web services
- Solid experience in administering and deploying Windows based services
- Good Understanding of AWS cloud and services
- Experience with Windows powershell scripting
- Experience in monitoring and logging systems
- Experience in administering and deploying AWS based services
- Experience with Atlassian tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Curiosity, continuous learning and drive to continually raise the bar
- Experience in Virtualization and VMWare
- Proficient in spoken and written English
- Solid experience with Windows based services including AD, GPO, WSUS, SCCM, IIS, DNS, AD certificate service (AD CS), Enterprise root certification authority (CA) and Network Policy Server (NPS)
- Solid experience with AWS VPC, Directory Service, EC2, Security Groups , Routing Tables and Subnets
- Experience with VMWare ESXi and vCenter
- Experience working with, and maintaining a system compliant to any security framework (PCI DSS, ISO 27001, HIPAA, SOC 2)
Key Characteristics and Attitudes
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumio in all locations and functions - we firmly believe in hiring for attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
In Barranquilla’s office you will work within a dynamic environment that translates into personal and professional growth. You will join a joyful, eager, and hardworking team in which team work is our most important premise that subsequently leads us to reach our uttermost potential as a site.
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and of all statuses.