Product Owner, AML Compliance
At Jumio, you will work for the market leader in online identity verification that is helping to make the digital world a safer place for everyone. As a Product Owner, you will own our AML Compliance solution and closely collaborate with the engineering team to build new capabilities around machine-learning based transaction monitoring and investigation tools that will delight our customers and help expand the state of the art in this exciting domain.
The AML Compliance PO is responsible for building a superior, instantly deployable compliance platform that helps businesses protect themselves and make the financial system safer through continuously evolving intelligence. You’ll own an important strategic piece of the Jumio KYX Platform.
- Provide vision and direction to the cross-functional development team and stakeholders
- Closely collaborate with engineering and product design teams to define and design new features and APIs
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to define product roadmap and functional requirements
- Translate business requirements and product initiatives into epics and user stories.
- Create and maintain a product backlog according to business case and company strategy
- Ensure that agile teams have a clear understanding of what they are developing and why (business case)
- Monitor product development progress on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with the user experience team
- Keep an eye on industry trends and best practices to refine product direction as necessary
- Effectively communicate product updates with stakeholders all over the globe
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years professional experience that includes 2 or more years as a Product Manager/Product Owner in an agile environment
- Solid understanding of risk management in Fintech space, preferably in compliance
- Knowledge of agile processes and principles
- High level understanding of data processing & micro service architectures
- Practical experience in Restful business level API design
- High level understanding of machine learning concepts
- Great attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and spoken/written communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for business
Great to have Experience and Qualifications:
- Past experience as software developer
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Successful Product Launch
- Improved Customer Satisfaction
- Teamwork and Collaboration with stakeholders
Key Characteristics and Attitudes:
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumios in all locations and functions - we firmly believe in hiring for attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
Palo Alto is Jumio’s corporate HQ has a wide range of roles and big personalities in place. It’s all Head Office functions plus a strong Sales and Marketing contingent. It’s where decisions get made and stuff gets done. No-one takes themselves too seriously and there’s an active social side. In a recent culture survey these attributes were rated particularly highly in Jumios’ Palo Alto office. This role can also be based remotely.
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and statuses.