Python Engineer - Core Squad
At Jumio, you will work for one of the market leaders in the global identity verification space that is helping to make the digital world a safer place for everyone. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop cool back-end software that will delight our customers and help expand the state of the art in this exciting domain!
By developing highly performant, robust and scalable web services and back-ends, you will have an impact on the latency and accuracy of the identity verification process. You will enable higher accuracy of both our algorithmic models and the manual identity verification process. We welcome you to challenge us to impact our software development processes and tools.
- Be part of a cross functional team to work on continuous improvement of our systems with innovative technologies
- Collaborate closely with the team to deliver features working from requirements/analysis through the development process into the production environment
- Work with Product Managers to clarify and prioritize work, with QA Engineers to maintain and improve quality, and with DevOps engineers to support operational and troubleshooting work
- Keep up to date with the latest technologies, evaluate new tools
- Define and use with your team best practices to produce new features in the most effective way while continuously improving the quality of existing system
Experience and Qualifications:
- Have solid experience with Python (Boto3, Flask), REST, Git, Maven/Gradle, Design Patterns
- Experience with the AWS services (S3, ElastiCache, AWS API gateway, SNS, SQS)
- Experience building distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Have at least 3 years of professional experience in software development.
- Be able to work with PM/QA/DevOps as equal partners throughout the whole lifecycle of the feature/product, from inception till operating & maintaining it
- Be able to write good quality & secure code, preferably be familiar with static code analysis tools
- Have excellent analytical, conceptual and communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Have experience applying Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
Great to have Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with any of the following: Docker, Kafka, Microservice architecture, Serverless, Distributed Tracing
- Experience with Machine learning/Deep learning/Computer Vision algorithms, either developing or using them
Key Characteristics and Attitudes:
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumios in all locations and functions - we firmly believe in hiring for attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability, Leading Innovation
At Jumio you have the opportunity to
- Work in a collaborative and trusting environment allowing you to turn your ideas into reality
- Be part of a strong international team, where everyone’s opinion matters
- Have flexible working hours, and learning & development opportunities
- Work in a meritocracy, where you grow professionally by excelling at work
Our newest office, Jumio is next to Walmart Labs in Helios Business Park and growing fast. A hub of technical excellence with Machine Learning enablement at its core the engineers and team are committed to learning and innovation. They set the bar high. In a recent culture survey, these attributes were rated particularly highly in Jumio’s Indian offices.
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification. We are the largest and fastest growing company in the ID verification space. With a global footprint, we’re expanding the team to meet strong client demand across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel, Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas, strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and colleagues from all backgrounds and statuses.