Trainee Merchandiser (Special Purchase)
Give your career a breath of fresh (countryside) air.
For the colourful and carefree who make the most out of life, Joules is the British country lifestyle brand that encourages all of life’s adventures.
At Joules, we design clothing, accessories and homeware for all the family. Alongside a whole lot more.
We are inspired by nature. We have fun. And we care.
It’s been quite a journey from when we started way back in 1989. And thanks to staying true to our roots, and a team that is always wanting to do better, we’re pleased that the adventure is as exciting as ever.
We think it’s your time to join in the fun.
TRAINEE MERCHANDISER – OFFICE BASED
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated candidate to join the Special Purchase team – an integral pillar to the future of Joules with huge focus and an exciting opportunity to contribute to the growth of this channel.
The role of Trainee Merchandiser sits in our remarkable Merchandising department where you will accurately raise and monitor Purchase Orders for stock commitments in a timely manner to achieve product launch.
Day to day as a Trainee Merchandiser:
- Supports in analysing previous sales history and attribute analysis to determine future size ratios, range shape and best sellers
- Develops an awareness and understanding of the Buying process, attending range building and selection meetings where required
- Will update the Range Plan with guidance to load Grading, Sizing and Lead Times
- Can load product information into PLM when required and understand how to push to AX to enable Purchase Order creation
- Collates and prepares information for supplier visits and meetings under guidance
- Raises order for Salesman Samples and works with Buying assistant to ensure on time arrival for sign off meetings
- Prepares trackers for Critical Path meetings to ensure that any potential problems are dealt with promptly and effectively
- Gains understanding of the Merchandising milestones within the Critical Path to ensure on time phase launches(+95%)
- Demonstrates high levels of process compliance and data integrity
- Can negotiate hand over dates with a Supplier and highlight any issues to the Merchandiser
- Supports the requirement to manage stock in season, understanding cancellations and repeat order requirements and actions
- Provides administrative support to the Merchandising team as required, such as best and worst sellers for selection meetings or weekly trade
- Provides administrative support for the management of continuity stock
- Can review a line card and make suggestions for actions to the Merchandiser to support sales and markdown
What we need you to have:
- Entry level role for a Merchandising Career path
- Degree in Fashion, Business or Analytical-type desirable but not essential. Passionate self-starters with the right qualities considered
- Acceptance of administrative task vital whilst displaying the motivation to learn the craft of Merchandising
- Works in a timely manner, prioritising task and communication
- Ability to interpret facts and figures to identify the real issues
- Embraces working in a team, understanding the professional relationship with Buying, Design and Tech counterparts
- Always achieves high levels of accuracy and can understand the knock-on impact of inaccuracies
What you’ll get from us:
- 50% Staff discount
- Clothing Allowance
- Extended holiday (including Family and Volunteering leave)
- Flexible working
- A bold and vibrant place to work with bold and vibrant people
There’s plenty more on offer, but let’s get the ball rolling first – send us your CV.
We believe in equal opportunities and celebrate diversity. EVERYONE is welcome, EVERYONE is included, EVERYONE is free to bring their true self to work in a safe space where we can set each other up for success.