Assistant Artworker (9 month fixed term contract)
The grass is greener… at Joules!
We have an eye for detail. We care and we challenge. We are creative and commercial, passionate and practical. We are flexible and generous. We inspire hard work and lead with kindness. We have big ambitions and are never afraid to give it some welly.
Step into a role within our Creative Delivery team as an Assistant Artworker (until June 2022). As a junior member of the team you will support the Creative Team Lead and their hub in producing and rolling out high-quality artwork across all print and digital channels.Other responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the Creative Team Lead, Senior Designer and Designer in the BAU hub you will handle artwork from roughly sketched visuals to delivery; maintaining an excellent eye for detail at all times.
- Produce accurate artwork under pressure and to tight deadlines. Supporting the rest of the hubs when required and always maintaining a flexible approach.
- An eye for design, colour, layout and typography are imperative. The ability to think creatively will always be welcomed.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the design/artwork process and production techniques across multiple channels.
- Complete multiple projects simultaneously, planning own time (with support of Artworker) so briefs are delivered in line with critical paths.
- Follow creative direction and supply artwork ready files for print and digital
- Work hand in hand with other Designers and feel comfortable collaborating with wider teams
What we are looking for:
- B.A (Hons) Design/Graphics degree (or related subject).
- Entry level experience in the creative industry. Would expect candidate to have taken part in work experience/placements whilst on degree or in their own time.
- A CV and portfolio that displays your experience in artworking campaigns across multiple channels.
- A strong eye for design, colour, layout and typography are imperative.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent at multi-tasking.
- Use own initiative when rolling out briefs from the team, using given creative direction and capability to make competent decisions about design layout.
- Strong communication and team working skills are essential as you will be working collaboratively between hubs and with key stakeholders across the business.
- Highly organised with ability to work to tight deadlines is essential.
- Agile and good at being reactive. Able to re-prioritise work quickly if needed.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud Software (InDesign / Photoshop / Illustrator)
This role will be due to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19, with flexible work from home options available in the future. Ideally the successful candidate would be required to attend Head Office in Market Harborough on occasion.
Still not sure if the grass is greener?
As a company that values its people as its biggest asset, we want to look after ours so that they feel at home. So we put together a package of financial rewards and wellbeing benefits to help you achieve your perfect balance of work and play. To find out more visit: https://careers.joules.com/rewards-benefits
If you do not want to miss out on being part of something special - click ‘Apply Now’.