Location Production Manager
The grass is greener… at Joules!
We have an eye for detail. We care and we challenge. We are creative and commercial, passionate and practical. We are flexible and generous. We inspire hard work and lead with kindness. We have big ambitions and are never afraid to give it some welly.
Step into a role within our Studio team as a Location Production Manager where you will plan and manage the production cycle for conceptual content-based campaigns devised by the vision delivery team, including full location deployments in the UK and abroad. Responsible for the critical path for location-based productions and is aligned with business requirements and key deadlines. Manage cost estimates and submit project proposals for approval to ensure that final assets are delivered to the highest standard, on budget and on time.
As a Location Production Manager you will:
- Manage all location productions ensuring the smooth running of the production process and associated administrative tasks
- Analyse and scope creative concepts to ensure they are achievable within the budget allocation.
- Provide practical knowledge to stakeholders on the production framework and how projects should be implemented
- Work closely with stakeholders to build consistent campaigns calendar and plan and manage the critical path for location-based productions
- Build production schedules, tracking key milestones and planning all meetings and project approvals with the Executive Producer and creative delivery manager
- Manage production spend and ensure it is aligned with budget parameters and approved rates, conducting timely reconciliations and provide updates to Executive Producer
- Undertake recce make recommendations for location selection, perform detailed and documented risk assessments for every production proposal
- Research and book accommodation, travel and catering
- Lead daily deployment briefings and distribution of call sheets
- Be accountable for requisitioning all production purchase orders
- Approve production scheduling and ensure that teams are working within the production framework and that campaigns are produced to industry leading standards
- Maintain accurate records of digital assets produced and distribution is in line with any licence restrictions
- Manage all options and booking confirmations with global talent agencies and that accurate documentation of contracts and licence agreements are maintained, highlighting any legal or compliance issues with head of studio and production
- Maintain an active bank of freelance contacts including specialists across creative, technical and support functions
- Oversee consumables purchasing and equipment hire ensuring that best prices are obtained
- Understand and work within production framework for legislative and regulatory compliance for all location-based activity and be responsible for managing the licence/permitting application process
- Manage production team resource, work closely with the Executive Producer and the wider management team to proactively plan special projects, sourcing best options for approval.
- Lead casting activity for all campaign requirements make recommendations for seasonal talent review
- Proactively advice contributors regarding the suitability of shots and selects have been produced in accordance with production framework and industry guidelines
- Provide instruction for all 3rd party suppliers and freelance contributors ensuring they are aware of the standards and requirements set out in the supply of service agreement
- Oversee and ensure that teams understand and working within the controls set out in the company health and safety policy and specific controls set out in the risk assessment
- Responsible for all employees and contributors during deployments
- Lead daily safety briefing on location deployment
- Identify and communicate any high, special or unusual risk associated with locations which could affect the production and be able to articulate concerns to the Executive Producer
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in a production or related subject desirable
- Experience in the studio and production industry with a breadth of understanding of production processes
- Expertise gained from both inhouse and agency studios experience
- Understanding of industry practice
- Awareness of current and emerging photographers and other key crew members
- Experience of managing teams, providing motivational leadership and developing talent
- Experience of running 1-1s, development reviews, disciplinary reviews and measures and identifying training programmes
- Calm under pressure and skilled in managing high pressure deployments and pre-production activity lead up to location shoots
- Operational and tactical thinking with the ability to dynamically assess ever changing situations and make informed decisions and recommendations
- Experience of managing both creative and operational functions
- Client facing, articulate, able to reference service level agreements and business requirements
- Established relationships with global talent agencies with core suppliers and partners
- Experience of requisitioning and tracking and reconciling purchase orders
- Knowledge of studio, production and creative disciplines
- Experience of risk assessment in the production industry
- IOSH managing safely
- Approved APA Covid-19 Production Supervisor
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Mac literate, with Microsoft Excel and Word Skills
- Basic but broad understanding of photographic production equipment
Still not sure if the grass is greener?
As a company that values its people as its biggest asset, we want to look after ours so that they feel at home. So we put together a package of financial rewards and wellbeing benefits to help you achieve your perfect balance of work and play. To find out more visit: https://careers.joules.com/rewards-benefits
Our Studio & Production Team are some of the best in the business, so if you do not want to miss out on being part of something special - click ‘Apply Now’.