Senior Designer (Girlswear)
The grass is greener… at Joules! We have an eye for detail. We care and we challenge. We are creative and commercial, passionate and practical. We are flexible and generous. We inspire hard work and lead with kindness. We have big ambitions and are never afraid to give it some welly.
Step into a role within our Design team as Senior Designer for Girlswear where the successful candidate will be responsible for pulling together the total seasonal strategy along with their Senior Designer counterparts. Designing ranges ensuring every product we sell strengthens our Brand identity.
What we are looking for:
- The ability to fully understand and implement the strategy set out by the CEO, Creative Director and the Head of Design to drive the strategic objectives daily through the design team
- A highly experienced designer with a broad understanding of the design, print, merchandising, buying and technical functions ensuring we work together to deliver products 95% on time– good awareness of broader commercial KPI’s to ensure supportive and considerate WOW
- A highly skilled trend researcher – abreast of macro and micro influences that may affect our business – ability to quickly translate these trends into commercial opportunities and influence at a high level the importance of these opportunities to the commercial functions
- Advanced knowledge of product construction, manufacturing, fabric, and critical path management
- Exemplary leadership skills – balancing high level support with challenge to get the best from the design team
- A strong influencer with the ability to find pragmatic solutions to challenge without compromising design integrity and quality
- Strong ability to analyse and interpret sales data and make recommendations to influence ranges
- A strong profile in the business with the ability to deputise for the Head of Design in key meetings with Director as required
- Expert CAD skills - Awareness of new programs that will sustain our future growth and ensure our core processes are sleek and industry leading
Still not sure if the grass is greener?
As a company that values its people as its biggest asset, we want to look after ours so that they feel at home. So we put together a package of financial rewards and wellbeing benefits to help you achieve your perfect balance of work and play. To find out more visit: https://careers.joules.com/rewards-benefits
This role will be due to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19, with flexible work from home options available in the future. Ideally the successful candidate would be required to attend Head Office in Market Harborough on occasion.
If you like our style, you’ll love it here – so if you do not want to miss out on being part of something special - click ‘Apply Now’.