Assistant Merchandiser - Level 3
The grass is greener… at Joules!
We have an eye for detail. We care and we challenge. We are creative and commercial, passionate and practical. We are flexible and generous. We inspire hard work and lead with kindness. We have big ambitions and are never afraid to give it some welly.
Step into a role within our Merchandising team as a Level 3 Assistant Merchandiser where you will help provide in-depth detail to support strategic planning and trading.
As an Assistant Merchandiser, you will:
- Collate and analyse historical and current trade information and uses the date to make informed proposals for future ranges
- Actively participate in range building and contributes to decisions on how the range is formed
- Take on greater responsibility for formulating strategies for the future season: focus on fabric backing & production planning
- Present in strategy to Managers and Directors with necessary information to answer any questions
- Fully utilise all channels to gain historical/current trading information to help shape future ranges
- Independently forecast buy quantities at channel level with an awareness of spend budget by channel
- Work alongside Wholesale team to help inform forecasting decision making
- Apply initiative to constantly challenge and consider opportunities to reduce lead time
- Manage spend through discussion with Suppliers around capacity reservations, planning and fabric backing
- Identify problems and suggests and implements a range of solutions to deliver OTIF for phase launches
- Effectively drill down to the root of a problem using a range of methods and demonstrating good communication skills
- Proactively monitor sales performance and act quickly and effectively to maximise sales and profitability
- Review key lines and category forecasts
- Identify and utilise key trends to trade the department sales and maximise profit
- Use current trading information to make decisions on future season strategy
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a Merchandising role
- Generating ideas, choices and solutions; discuss ideas and embrace change
- Offering other solutions or options; thinks positively to overcome objections and happy to adapt if necessary
- Thinking outside the box producing innovative and creative solutions; challenge the 'norm' if there is a better way
Still not sure if the grass is greener?
As a company that values its people as its biggest asset, we want to look after ours so that they feel at home. So we put together a package of financial rewards and wellbeing benefits to help you achieve your perfect balance of work and play. To find out more visit: https://careers.joules.com/rewards-benefits
Our Merchandisers are some of the best in the business because they gain invaluable experience liaising widely with suppliers and manufacturers – so if you do not want to miss out on being part of something special - click ‘Apply’