Assistant Merchandiser (Outerwear & Knit)
Give your career a breath of fresh (countryside) air.
For the colourful and carefree who make the most out of life, Joules is the British country lifestyle brand that encourages all of life’s adventures.
At Joules, we design clothing, accessories and homeware for all the family. Alongside a whole lot more. We are inspired by nature. We have fun. And we care.
It’s been quite a journey from when we started way back in 1989. And thanks to staying true to our roots, and a team that is always wanting to do better, we’re pleased that the adventure is as exciting as ever. We think it’s your time to join in the fun.
ASSISTANT MERCHANDISER - OUTERWEAR & KNIT
The role of Assistant Merchandiser sits in our remarkable Merchandising department where you will support the Merchandising team to land the stock strategy for all genders, in line with the planning of the Business/Trading teams.
Day to day as a Assistant Merchandiser
- Collate information prior to planning meetings and use analysis to make proposals for future range.
- Support Trainee Merchandisers in their workload and exposure to strategy planning and range-building.
- Maintain and develop a full understanding of product area including supply base, lead times and attributes and best/worst sellers.
- Make proposals for ranking based on historical analysis, future trend predictions and knowledge from channel inputs.
- Independently agree sizing, lead times and trigger dates and load into the range plan.
- Load store grading and ensure enough replenishment is in place.
- Ensure product information is accurate and up to date on all systems.
- Review order book weekly and propose action alongside the Wholesale team to the Merchandiser.
- Review key line forecasts weekly and follow up with actions.
- Communicate current sales information to relevant team members.
- Review category forecasts with guidance from the Merchandiser.
- Propose markdown or promotional activity to help clear slow sellers and fragmented lines.
What we need you to have:
- Buying/Merchandising or Fashion degree
- Strong merchandising experience within a multi-channel fashion business
- Strong excel skills
- High standard of accuracy & excellent analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with a high level of attention to detail
- The ability to think commercially and a genuine interest in fashion
- Will be a team player with a willingness to learn and a can-do attitude
- Will have a proactive approach and is able to show initiative
- Strong negotiator
- Planning, prioritising and good time management skills
What you’ll get from us:
- 50% Staff discount
- Clothing Allowance
- Extended holiday (including Family and Volunteering leave)
- Flexible working
- A bold and vibrant place to work with bold and vibrant people
There’s plenty more on offer, but let’s get the ball rolling first – send us your CV.
We believe in equal opportunities and celebrate diversity. EVERYONE is welcome, EVERYONE is included, EVERYONE is free to bring their true self to work in a safe space where we can set each other up for success.