Assistant Buyer - Level 3 (12 month fixed term contract)
The grass is greener… at Joules!
We have an eye for detail. We care and we challenge. We are creative and commercial, passionate and practical. We are flexible and generous. We inspire hard work and lead with kindness. We have big ambitions and are never afraid to give it some welly.
Step into a role within our Buying team as an Assistant Buyer - Level 3 (12 month fixed term contract), where you will support with creating commercially successful product ranges and maximise sales & profit – in line with brand identityAs an Assistant Buyer Level 3 you will:
- Be passionate about product. Interpret brand identity and develop/trade large categories with minimal guidance
- Work with Buyer to develop, progress and deliver the range for all channels
- Have a customer led mindset, backed up with store visits and competitive shops. Looking to inspirational brands to influence own category
- Take responsibility for critical path management and ensuring 95% on time delivery / launch availability
- Demonstrate good relationships with Merchandising, Technical & Design counterparts
- Support in delivering overarching strategy of your range
- Have the ability to build and maintain productive relationships with suppliers, and act as a point of contact for the department
- Be responsible for delivering margin for your range
- Support with delivering CSR targets in line with brand strategy for their range
- Day to day management and guidance of a Trainee Buyer
- Departmental project work (e.g. wholesale notes, photography, look book etc.)
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a Retail Buying team
- Strong IT skills with experience of excel and internal product lifecycle management systems
- Strong commercial awareness and proven ability to communicate well at all levels in the business
- You must also be a strong negotiator who is analytical and well organised
- Be adaptable in your approach showing ability to react to differing business needs
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
Still not sure if the grass is greener?
As a company that values its people as its biggest asset, we want to look after ours so that they feel at home. So we put together a package of financial rewards and wellbeing benefits to help you achieve your perfect balance of work and play. To find out more visit: https://careers.joules.com/rewards-benefits
Our Buyers are some of the best in the business because they gain invaluable experience liaising widely with suppliers and manufacturers – so if you do not want to miss out on being part of something special - click ‘Apply Now’.
This role will be due to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19, with flexible work from home options available in the future. Ideally the successful candidate would be required to attend Head Office in Market Harborough on occasion.