Continuous Improvement Manager
The grass is greener… at Joules!
We have an eye for detail. We care and we challenge. We are creative and commercial, passionate and practical. We are flexible and generous. We inspire hard work and lead with kindness. We have big ambitions and are never afraid to give it some welly.
Step into a role within our Merchandising team as our Supply Chain Continuous Improvement Manager. Here you will be responsible for improving the efficiency of Joules’ supply chain across Distribution Centre operations, transport, processes and systems within the context of reducing expenditure overall. This incorporates both Joules existing operations and new projects to drive business improvement. Whilst the role is UK focussed there will be scope for it to be extended to incorporate Global responsibilities as required.
As Supply Chain Continuous Improvement Manager, you will:
- Identify material savings and cost reductions across the full Joules supply chain, working closely with third parties and Joules business and finance stakeholders
- Be responsible for the Clipper Transformation Plan to ensure delivery is on track and works within Joules operational constraints
- Work in tandem with the Joules 3PL contract manager and Joules Supply Chain Planner to identify opportunities to reduce costs/improve efficiencies in operations
- Continually review all Joules/ Clipper operational processes and systems constraints to recommend improvements to the operating model to improve efficiency including
- Working closely with Channel Directors and Heads to drive transformation across channel fulfilment e.g. wholesale online ordering, MOQs etc.
- Mapping and costing wholesale value added services
- Reviewing and improving Export procedures and compliance
- Courier services across UK and International networks
- Supporting Friends of Joules (FOJ) sellers through courier services and returns portal working with Head of FOJ
- Managing IT and third party system improvements for Joules and on behalf of Clipper
- Work closely with Joules CSR and packaging teams to implement agreed improvements and recommend ongoing changes to reduce emissions, and improve recycling and environmental initiatives
- Support Joules teams on any projects relating to Garden Trading from a fulfilment and logistics perspective
- Project Manage new channels/operations/partners & processes
- Explore ways to take out time, cost, emissions from the supply chain
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working in a demanding fast-paced DC operational environment
- Skilled communicator with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders
- Demonstrable planning skills across operations and DC
- Excellent organisational, business process and planning skills
- Flexible, with the ability to embrace change
- Proficient multi-tasker
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Resilient with the drive to seek out information and provide solutions for complex operational challenges
- High levels of literacy and numeracy with excellent attention to detail
- An accomplished problem solver
Still not sure if the grass is greener?
As a company that values its people as its biggest asset, we want to look after ours so that they feel at home. So we put together a package of financial rewards and wellbeing benefits to help you achieve your perfect balance of work and play. To find out more visit: https://careers.joules.com/rewards-benefits
Our Merchandising Team are some of the best in the business, so if you do not want to miss out on being part of something special - click ‘Apply Now’.