Front End Developer
The grass is greener… at Joules!
We have an eye for detail. We care and we challenge. We are creative and commercial, passionate and practical. We are flexible and generous. We inspire hard work and lead with kindness. We have big ambitions and are never afraid to give it some welly.
Joules currently have a fantastic opportunity available for an eCommerce Front End Developer with extensive working knowledge of React. You’ll work within our innovative and fast paced eCommerce department as part of our established development team.
As a Front End Developer, you will:
- You will support and develop according to requirements that come from a wide range of stakeholders
- Be an integral part of the team and will have the opportunity to install and continuously improve our development architecture.
- Developing Front End functionality on the SAP Hybris platform
- Ensuring cross-browser/device compatibility
- Continually look for ways to improve workflows and introduce efficiencies
- Proactively refactoring inefficient code
- Share knowledge and ensuring changes are properly documented
What we are looking for:
- Confident working with source code control tools (Git, Bitbucket)
- Deep knowledge of responsive design and development principles
- Experience of working with user experience designers and bringing wireframes to life
- Using Grunt/Gulp/Webpack
- Proactive at overcoming technical challenges
- Experience or Interest in
- CSS, OOCSS, CSS Pre-Processing tools
- RESTful/GraphQL APIs
- Ability to constantly challenge coding standards and seek improvement
- Ability to self QA and be confident to review others code
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of Hybris
- Experience working alongside in-house and offshore teams ensuring seamless delivery
- A good understanding on SEO practices
- Experience of creating and maintaining Front End Unit Tests
- Understanding the intricacies of webpack and the extra functionality it provides
- Experience within implementing web analytics solutions (Adobe Suite)
- Ability to work in an AGILE environment
- Comfortable working with JIRA as a platform
- Experience of front end development for retail ecommerce
Still not sure if the grass is greener?
As a company that values its people as its biggest asset, we want to look after ours so that they feel at home. So we put together a package of financial rewards and wellbeing benefits to help you achieve your perfect balance of work and play. To find out more visit: https://careers.joules.com/rewards-benefits
Ecommerce continues to develop and evolve at a rapid pace, we’re always looking at new and better ways to deliver for our customers – so if you do not want to miss out on being part of something special - click ‘Apply Now’.