Assistant Designer (Accessories and Footwear)
The grass is greener… at Joules! We have an eye for detail. We care and we challenge. We are creative and commercial, passionate and practical. We are flexible and generous. We inspire hard work and lead with kindness. We have big ambitions and are never afraid to give it some welly.
Step into a role within our Design team as an Assistant Designer on Accessories and Footwear where you will be responsible for designing your part of the range ensuring every product we sell strengthens our Brand identity
What we are looking for:
- Passion about product. Interprets brand identity and illustrates clear ownership of a small number of options that supports the strategy set out by the CEO, Creative Director and the Head of
- Strong understanding of printed product, part of the role is adding print to product.
- Collaboration with Mech, Tech & Buying counterparts, to deliver their area of a range that works independently but is also cohesive with the other product categories
- A basic understanding of the design, print, merchandising, buying and technical functions ensuring we work together to achieve 95% on time delivery
- A basic understanding and ability to interpret data to support their decision making
- Working / understanding knowledge of factories and supplier capabilities
- Excellent understanding of Illustrator and PLM
- Excellent research skills and trend awareness
- Excellent eye and understanding of colour
- High awareness of CP and supports the senior team in CP management
- Ability to deal and adapt to change
- Ability to confidently influence at all levels
- Team spirit, we all muck in together and help the wider design team reach deadlines whenever necessary.
Still not sure if the grass is greener?
As a company that values its people as its biggest asset, we want to look after ours so that they feel at home. So we put together a package of financial rewards and wellbeing benefits to help you achieve your perfect balance of work and play. To find out more visit: https://careers.joules.com/rewards-benefits
If you like our style, you’ll love it here – so if you do not want to miss out on being part of something special - click ‘Apply Now’.
This role will be due to work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19, with flexible work from home options available in the future. Ideally the successful candidate would be required to attend Head Office in Market Harborough on occasion.