Garden Trading – Stock Manager
Garden Trading are passionate about creating products for your home and garden that are as functional as they are beautiful and are designed to stand the test of time.
We take hiring the right people as seriously as we take the quality of our products and the service our customers receive, as we believe every person has an important role to play in fulfilling our mission.
The role of Stock Manager sits within our busy Warehouse team and is responsible for always delivering an exceptional level of effective management of internal/external stock holding, to support the delivery of the overall company plan.
The role requires an enthusiastic, professional, and passionate individual, with experience within a distribution center role, who understands and demonstrates focus on health & safety, productivity, accuracy.
To work on the operational stock tasks allocated by the site Management through adherence to safe systems of work, standard operational procedures, and processes within the designated operational area for which they have responsibility for.
As a Stock Manager you will:
- Deliver exceptional Customer Service which promotes and supports our brand values
- Carry out perpetual inventory on a day-to-day basis. Carry out stock gains / losses when required with authorization level.
- Movement of stock to facilitate maximum picking efficiency.
- Carry out investigations into stock discrepancies checking audit trails. To log all queries, to understand root cause.
- Support the Warehouse Manager in the preparation and delivery of the stock take
- Liaise with the warehouse team to resolve failed dispatches, picking errors etc
- Follow-up any product issues with supply team, to ensure rapid resolution and stop future recurrences
- Build and maintain key customer contacts at Storage sites
- Stock Leads are expected to operate as a working team member and conduct tasks in all areas
- Support management team with any other duties
- Communicating timely messages to the warehouse teams
- Maintain H&S in the Workplace
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both written & verbal
- Flexibility towards shift patterns & weekend working
- Have a high degree of numeracy & literacy
- To possess emotional intelligence in all situations professional behaviour throughout.
- Strong organisational & analytical skills
- Understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Specifically Outlook, Excel, Word
- WMS knowledge, WMS functionality to enable report production and training.
- Keeping the site safe, by supporting a culture of health and safety practices. Ensure our safety policies are adhered to all times, reporting accidents/incidents, raising near misses, taking remedial action, and challenging unsafe behaviour.
- Operation of Manual Handling – all members of staff are responsible for ensuring that they operate equipment (only after documented training) in safe manner in line with the operational procedures and conduct manual handling activities within the recommended guidelines and do not place either themselves or others at risk.
- Clean as we go Policy – Every member of staff is responsible for adapting a clean as they go policy to ensure housekeeping standards are maintained, to reduce risks from slips trips and falls and develop a sense of pride in their operation
- To be fully aware of operational working practices, safe systems of work, and risk assessments for all activities within their scope of control.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in working as part of a team
- An operational background with a passion for all things Stock!
- Comfortable with using Warehouse Management Systems, Excel / PowerPoint / Word
- Written and verbal communication
- Working in a warehouse, Picking & packing
- Stock counting, stock recognition and investigation
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Manages Challenge, Developing recommendations
- Industry and Customer Awareness