Give your career a breath of fresh (countryside) air.
For the colourful and carefree who make the most out of life, Joules is the British country lifestyle brand that encourages all of life’s adventures.
At Joules, we design clothing, accessories and homeware for all the family. Alongside a whole lot more. We are inspired by nature. We have fun. And we care.
It’s been quite a journey from when we started way back in 1989, and we’re staying true to our roots! As a team that is always wanting to do better, we’re pleased that the adventure is as exciting as ever.
PHOTOGRAPHER – STUDIO BASED
The role of Photographer sits in our talented Studio department where you will provide specialist and technical expertise to ensure that all shoots are executed to expert level across studio and location productions delivering iconic product and creative brand photography.
Day to day as a Photographer:
· Produce high quality images for Joules ensuring output is consistent, captured, processed and retouched in accordance with the company style and brand guidelines.
· Photograph a variety of product types as still life, mannequin, flat and on model to a strict daily shoot target.
· Prepare sets and lighting for scheduled shoots in accordance with the technical guidelines.
· Prepare and submit test shots for approval.
· Make amendments/reselects or reshoots products where necessary.
· Capture imagery in both studio and location environments as required.
· Work collaboratively and contribute to the development of creative briefs/projects when required.
· Take ownership for reshoots and amendments when requested.
· Communicate issues or amendments requests to post-production team if issues cannot be fixed on set.
· Art direction as required, providing direction and guidance to models and crew.
· Support Senior Photographer with digital operation and lighting when required.
· use studio and asset management system to track and record samples through the studio cycle.
· Follow studio processes to ensure the production runs seamlessly.
· Ensuring all studio equipment is maintained and in a clean working order.
· Communicating equipment issues/failures to the Senior Photographer.
What we need you to have:
· BTEC National Diploma in Photography & bachelor’s degree in photography.
· Expert level of experience with studio and location photography.
· Expertise of working on high volume ecommerce studio
· A commercial photography portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied techniques and working knowledge of digital photography, lighting, composition and colour quality.
· Extensive knowledge of Canon Camera systems.
· Experience with Profoto studio lighting systems.
· Proficient in Mac platform.
· Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Capture One Pro.
· Reliable with the ability to adapt to changing conditions.
· Ability to work under pressure in deadline-driven environment.
· Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
· Ability to prioritize/multi-task and follow projects through to completion.
· Strong presentation and communication skills.
· Excellent model direction skills, with extensive on set experience.
Please note, you will be required to work 5 days a week from our beautiful head office, ‘The Barn’ in Market Harborough and there may be occasions where you’ll be required to support on location.
What you’ll get from us:
· 50% Staff discount
· Clothing Allowance
· Extended holiday (including Family and Volunteering leave)
· Flexible working
· A bold and vibrant place to work with bold and vibrant people
There’s plenty more on offer, but let’s get the ball rolling first – send us your CV.
We believe in equal opportunities and celebrate diversity. EVERYONE is welcome, EVERYONE is included, EVERYONE is free to bring their true self to work in a safe space where we can set each other up for success.