User Experience & User Interface Designer (12month FTC)
Give your career a breath of fresh (countryside) air.
For the colourful and carefree who make the most out of life, Joules is the British country lifestyle brand that encourages all of life’s adventures.
At Joules, we design clothing, accessories and homeware for all the family. Alongside a whole lot more. We are inspired by nature. We have fun. And we care.
It’s been quite a journey from when we started way back in 1989. And thanks to staying true to our roots, and a team that is always wanting to do better, we’re pleased that the adventure is as exciting as ever. We think it’s your time to join in the fun.
USER EXPERIENCE & USER INTERFACE DESIGNER – HYBRID WORKING
The role of User Experience & User Interface Designer sits in our remarkable E-Commerce department where you will play a pivotal role in enhancing the overall user experience. You will be responsible for the production of all wireframes, visual designs, high and low fidelity prototypes across all of the Joules websites.
Day to day as a User Experience & User Interface Designer:
- Designing all UX wireframes for the purpose of both testing and handing over front end experiences to be hard coded
- Working closely with front end developers, completing regression and user acceptance testing to ensure the finished product meets the design and UX standards required
- Creating and instilling web accessibility guidelines on the website
- Conducting heuristic reviews of all Joules web domains
- Working with appropriate wider e-commerce team members to ensure wireframes are produced and tested correctly
- Conducting competitor research on web usability and staying abreast of industry and customer online shopping trends
- Carrying out user research studies to further enhance our understanding of web usability & use findings to enhance the current web experience
- Work with data analysts to generate hypotheses and ideas for new solutions
- Contribute ideas to the testing backlog, with appropriate designs and notes to explain expected behaviour
- Manage short term tasks that allow for improvements to general UX, whilst keeping focus on longer term roadmap projects
- Key relationships with; Third party agencies, E-Commerce Development team, Customer Insights team, E-Commerce Trading and Marketing, Customer Service and Friends of Joules team.
What we need you to have:
- 2-5 years digital design experience
- Experience working with responsive design sites
- Designing within brand style guides and design principles
- Ecommerce design
- Experience of visual design (UI) and interaction design (IxD)
- Understanding of split testing platforms (beneficial but not essential)
- Working understanding of Front End Development
- Agile and lean methodologies
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Power user of relevant wireframing, visual design and prototyping tools (Adobe XD preferred but Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, etc also relevant)
- Familiar with different user research and testing methodologies, quant and qual, face-to-face and remote
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder at all levels both internally and externally
- Able to work independently using own initiative
- Great attention to detail
- Proficient multi-tasker with strong time management skills
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- An accomplished problem solver
What you’ll get from us:
- 50% Staff discount
- Clothing Allowance
- Extended holiday (including Family and Volunteering leave)
- Flexible working
- A bold and vibrant place to work with bold and vibrant people
There’s plenty more on offer, but let’s get the ball rolling first – send us your CV.
We believe in equal opportunities and celebrate diversity. EVERYONE is welcome, EVERYONE is included, EVERYONE is free to bring their true self to work in a safe space where we can set each other up for success.