Be Part of Something Special
As part of your job, you’ll be working with product owners to come up with product and design ideas and deliver products in a rapid innovation environment, and you’ll be working with architects to build a scalable platform to support Jobvite’s rapid growth. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team.
Collaborate with leadership team to continuously manage trade-offs between scope, resources and time during the development lifecycle. Oversee documents including status reports, development plans, communications plans, post-mortems and conduct code reviews.
Jobvite is a fast-paced environment so passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. Finally, you are going to be helping drive the definition, strategy, and vision for new products, so you must be comfortable with ambiguity and have a high level of ownership and accountability.
- 10+ years of experience in experience in building and designing SaaS based web applications as part of a product company
- 2+ years of engineering management experience for team of direct reports; experience in managing distributed teams required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven backend development skills with experience in Java/J2EE, Hibernate, JMS, Spring (Core, MVC, Integration), REST APIs, MySQL.
- You have some knowledge around how AWS services and deployments work.
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 SaaS software development and deployment.
- Ability to build strong relationship with diverse teams within organizations.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and understanding of enterprise engineering best practices.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Passion for software development and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical teams.
- This position is not eligible for relocation.
What Will You Get:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance benefits
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Values-focused culture and a place to build your career!
Jobvite is an Equal Opportunity Employer