Be Part of Something Special
Who We Are:
Jobvite offers a marketing-inspired approach to recruiting by combining the power of data and the human touch. We enable recruitment teams to personalize the candidate experience with a full-scale talent platform that accelerates and simplifies the entire talent acquisition process — from the moment the search begins to the celebration of the first promotion and beyond. We make it possible to automate communication through bot-powered texts and anticipate the employee journey with internal mobility and referral tools driven by human insight and assisted by AI. With a comprehensive, talent acquisition-focused suite Jobvite has been serving customers, including Dollar Shave Club, Dunkin Brands, OpenTable, LinkedIn, Zappos, Universal Music Group, Wayfair, Zillow & Feeding America, since 2006.
What you will do:
Reporting to Controller, the Staff Accountant will play a critical role in supporting the day to day operations of the accounting department as the company continues to grow. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, high energy employee who looks forward to working in a rapidly changing environment and wants to make a difference every day
- Record daily journal entry activity related to bank activity, invoices and accounts payable, expense reports, payroll, etc.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to posting and payment.
- Follow established and evolving procedures and make recommendations to improve efficiencies and processes.
- Acquire and maintain vendor and customer supporting documentation, including W-9 forms, sales tax exemption forms, etc.
- Process vendor payments on a weekly basis.
- Process payroll accurately using ADP, with full review of generated reports and journal
- Coordinate with HR on posting headcount changes and benefits updates in ADP
- Assist in month-end close as directed by Accounting Manager and Controller, including bank reconciliations, account reconciliations and other month-end close duties as assigned.
- Prepare periodic compliance forms.
- Assist stakeholders (employees, vendors, etc.) by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Maintain/update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Maintain electronic and physical filing systems, make recommendations to foster organization and efficient work flow.
- Other duties assigned, including but not limited to sorting and distributing incoming mail, assist with annual audits.
What you will bring:
- 4+ years of experience in Accounting.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- Strong knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping terminology and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures.
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness and detect errors.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Sage Intacct a plus
- Superior attention to detail working with large volume of data.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all levels in the organization.
- A natural curiosity to learn, apply accounting guidelines, makes informed decisions and appropriate actions.
- Ability to work well under deadlines.
- Proficient at 10-key and typing, ability to compose routine correspondence and reports.
What Will You Get:
- Completive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance benefits
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Values-focused culture and a place to build your career!
Jobvite is an Equal Opportunity Employer