Be Part of Something Special
Senior Software Engineer (Platform)
Who We Are:
Jobvite is leading the next wave of talent acquisition innovation with a candidate-centric recruiting model that helps companies engage candidates with meaningful experiences at the right time, in the right way, from first look to first day. The Jobvite Platform infuses automation and intelligence into today’s expanded recruiting cycle to increase the speed, quality, and cost-effectiveness of talent acquisition.
Focused exclusively on recruiting software since 2006 and headquartered in Silicon Valley, Jobvite serves thousands of customers including Ingram Micro, Schneider Electric, Premise Health, Zappos.com, and Blizzard Entertainment. Jobvite continues to empower companies to provide an even richer hiring experience with its recent acquisitions of Talemetry, RolePoint, and Canvas – enabling hiring teams to source, engage, hire, onboard, and retain top talent with one end-to-end platform.
We have a cross collaborative environment with a company culture unlike any other. We offer a competitive salary, medical/dental benefits, PTO (including volunteer time off), paid holidays, gym & cell phone perks. Join our team!
What will you do
As a Senior Software Engineer on the platform team, you will be entrusted with the design and development of scalable infrastructure components that will be re-used by web-based applications at Jobvite. The platform team’s mandate is to design, build, maintain and scale all platform services for Jobvite products. This includes authentication, authorization, persistence frameworks, messaging framework, as well as micro services like search, scheduling, encryption. The platform team is also responsible for producing developer guides, training and best practices for using platform infrastructure. The platform team works with all Jobvite product teams to deliver products with scalability, quality, and consistency in usage/implementation patterns.
In this position you will review existing platform subsystems, come up with proposals for new designs and progressive improvements, and deliver product launches in a rapidly changing environment. You’ll work with a team who gets to do things (not has to do them), obsesses over customer delight and shift left concepts, owns what they code, and is committed to shipping small and failing fast.
As an engineer at Jobvite, you will have the freedom and ownership to turn your ideas into great products, in collaboration with our broader team. If you embrace a growth mindset, care about people and your work, do what you say, and believe in keeping it real, we want to talk to you.
What will you bring
- BE or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software design and development experience
- 3+ years of experience in applying modern frameworks and patterns to build highly scalable enterprise SaaS applications
- Technical leadership, due diligence in analyzing requirements and designs
- Be a mentor to other team members
- Propose and implement technical strategies for Jobvite products- Strong Java/J2EE experience, Hibernate, JMS, Spring (Core, MVC, Integration), REST APIs, MySQL
- Experience with AWS services and deployments
- Prior experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB/DynamoDB is desirable
- Strong knowledge of open source technologies such as Apache, Solr, Lucene, Elastic Search, Memcached
- Familiar with SDLC tools - Ant, Maven, Git, SVN, Jenkins, Travis, Puppet, Ansible, Docker
- Experience with metadata-driven application frameworks is a plus
- Experience with Agile methodology, test-driven development, source control management, and automated testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Recruiting industry experience is a plus
- Big Pluses - URLs to share with us showing open source contributions, websites you’ve worked on, questions you’ve answered on Stack Overflow, or thing else that shows off your expertise
What Will You Get:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance benefits
- PTO – including Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- An experience you will cherish forever
Recruiting technology has always been about innovation — the promise of sourcing and hiring great talent. If, like us, you believe that hiring the best people is of the utmost importance, then you should expect technology with a laser focus on helping you find today's greatest candidates.
Jobvite is an Equal Opportunity Employer.