Be Part of Something Special
Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are:
Jobvite is leading the next wave of talent acquisition innovation with a candidate-centric recruiting model that helps companies engage candidates with meaningful experiences at the right time, in the right way, from first look to first day. The Jobvite Platform infuses automation and intelligence into today’s expanded recruiting cycle to increase the speed, quality, and cost-effectiveness of talent acquisition.
Focused exclusively on recruiting software since 2006 and headquartered in Silicon Valley, Jobvite serves thousands of customers including Ingram Micro, Schneider Electric, Premise Health, Zappos.com, and Blizzard Entertainment. Jobvite continues to empower companies to provide an even richer hiring experience with its recent acquisitions of Talemetry, RolePoint, and Canvas – enabling hiring teams to source, engage, hire, onboard, and retain top talent with one end-to-end platform.
We have a cross collaborative environment with a company culture unlike any other. We offer a competitive salary, medical/dental benefits, PTO (including volunteer time off), paid holidays, gym & cell phone perks. Join our team!
What Will You Do:
As a Senior Engineer you will be entrusted with the design and development of web-based SaaS products that delight our customers and scale out to millions of users. Your responsibilities include collaborating with a high performing team to take products and features from inception through agile development and into our customer’s hands.
As part of your job, you will work closely with product owners, designers, and other software engineers to come up with product designs, product features, and eventually build them in a rapid innovation environment. You’ll collaborate with architects to build a scalable platform to support Jobvite’s rapid growth. Through it all, you will be on the lookout for new technologies and techniques that you can turn into products and help Jobvite maintain reputation as an innovation leader.
What Will You Bring:
- BS, MS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in building and designing SaaS based web applications.
- Proven backend development skills with experience in Java/J2EE, Hibernate, JMS, Spring (Core, MVC, Integration), REST APIs, MySQL.
- You have experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB/DynamoDB.
- Knowledge of open source technologies such as Apache, Solr, Lucene, Elastic Search, Memcached.
- Experience working with Product Management to build and release products in an agile environment.
- You are familiar with SDLC tools like Ant, Maven, Git, SVN, Jenkins, Travis, Puppet, Ansible, Docker.
- You have some knowledge around how AWS services and deployments work.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and can explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience in SaaS applications for HR related domains (Recruiting, Payroll, Benefits, etc.)
- URLs to share with us showing open source contributions, websites you’ve worked on, questions you’ve answered on Stack Overflow, or anything else that shows off your expertise.
What Will You Get:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance benefits
- PTO – including Volunteer Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- An experience you will cherish forever
Recruiting technology has always been about innovation — the promise of sourcing and hiring great talent. If, like us, you believe that hiring the best people is of the utmost importance, then you should expect technology with a laser focus on helping you find today's greatest candidates.
Jobvite is an Equal Opportunity Employer.