Be Part of Something Special
Senior Software Engineer, Java
Jobvite offers a marketing-inspired approach to recruiting by combining the power of data and the human touch. We enable recruitment teams to personalize the candidate experience with a full-scale talent platform that accelerates and simplifies the entire talent acquisition process — from the moment the search begins to the celebration of the first promotion and beyond. We make it possible to automate communication through bot-powered texts and anticipate the employee journey with internal mobility and referral tools driven by human insight and assisted by AI. With a comprehensive, talent acquisition-focused suite Jobvite has been serving customers, including Dollar Shave Club, Dunkin Brands, Trek, LinkedIn, CDW, Universal Music Group, Wayfair, Audible & Feeding America, since 2006.
What You Will Do:
As a Senior Engineer you will be entrusted with the design and development of web-based SaaS products that delight our customers and scale out to millions of users. Your responsibilities include collaborating with a high performing team to take products and features from inception through agile development and into our customer’s hands.
As part of your job, you will work closely with product owners, designers, and other software engineers to come up with product designs, product features, and eventually build them in a rapid innovation environment. You’ll collaborate with architects to build a scalable platform to support Jobvite’s rapid growth. Through it all, you will be on the lookout for new technologies and techniques that you can turn into products and help Jobvite maintain reputation as an innovation leader.
What Will You Bring:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or closely related field.
- 4+ years of professional experience in building and designing SaaS based web applications.
- Proven backend development skills with experience in Java, SOAP/REST APIs, MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of open source technologies such as Apache, Elastic Search, Memcached.
- Experience working with Product Management to build and release products in an agile environment.
- Familiar with SDLC tools like Ant, Maven, Git, Jenkins.
- Knowledge around how AWS services and deployments work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to explain complex problems to technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience in SaaS applications for HR related domains (Recruiting, Payroll, Benefits, etc.)
- URLs to share with us showing open-source contributions, websites you’ve worked on, questions you’ve answered on Stack Overflow, or additional work that shows off your expertise.
**This position is eligible for permanently remote employees based in the United States*
Jobvite is an Equal Opportunity Employer.