Aircraft Maintenance Technician (BCT and OPF)
A Maintenance Technicians main objective is to support the company by performing maintenance on Jet Linx managed aircraft. Along with performing all tasks assigned by the Director of Maintenance, Regional Maintenance Manager, and District Maintenance Supervisor, the aircraft Maintenance Technician will support requests from Maintenance Control Center.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform inspections, maintenance, and repairs on aircraft and related systems and components.
- Conduct basic troubleshooting to identify root cause and appropriate corrective action to diagnose or avert equipment problem.
- Provide inspection of work performed on Company managed aircraft maintained under a Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP), Aircraft Availability Improvement Plan (AAIP), and Company and Regulatory manuals and/or requirements.
- Coordinate with the District Maintenance Supervisor to ensure maintenance records, company reports, and return to service documents are completed and retained in each specific aircraft maintenance records books.
- Coordinate with the District Maintenance Supervisor in planning, scheduling, and performing line maintenance.
- Support request from Maintenance Control Center and District Maintenance Supervisor for company aircraft at or near the technician’s base location.
- Make entries in the aircraft records as prescribed through Company policies and procedures.
- Perform inspector responsibilities as defined.
- Perform required item inspection (RII) responsibilities, when approved by Jet Linx and designated as a RII inspector.
- Comply with Maintenance Tracking System processes.
- Support the District Maintenance Supervisor by monitoring the aircraft duelists daily and communicating any anomalies with your supervisor.
- Procures, receives, and inspects parts for maintenance activities at base location per company policy and established company protocols.
- Perform receiving parts inspections.
- Ensure part core returns requirements are being met.
- Ensure labor charges are added to appropriate work plans when billable labor items are performed.
- Ensure work is executed according to plan and schedule.
- Ensure compliance and safety through effective understanding of safety requirements and acceptable documentation procedures.
- Maintain inventory at the assigned base.
- Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors.
- Responsible for 24-hour emergency maintenance service as needed.
- Maintain professional and courteous manner with all employees, co-workers, vendors, clients, customers, and members.
- Repair and maintain machinery and equipment, as necessary.
- Demonstrate Jet Linx’s core values and “Supply the High” in all interactions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of the company and its customers
- Strong analytical skills, project management experience and independent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of FAA Part 135, Part 91, and Part 145
- Experience with Aircraft Maintenance Tracking Systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and FOS
- Ability to multi-task and complete work within assigned timelines under minimal supervision
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and initiative
- Knowledge of various Business Aircraft Maintenance Inspection Programs
- Maintain flexible work schedule to meet assigned aircraft demand
Education and Work Experience:
- Mechanic certificate with airframe and powerplant ratings (A&P Certificate) and 6 months of experience within the past 24 months with either inspection, maintenance or return to service of an aircraft or system in accordance with the privileges granted by the certificate held required
- Two to five years of experience preferred
- Move up to 100 pounds on an infrequent basis
- Work indoors and outdoors in varying temperatures and climates
- Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged repeated standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching