Destination 225 - Military Pathway
Welcome to Destination 225°, an exciting new program in partnership with Southwest Airlines® that provides motivated and capable candidates with a career path into an aviation career. The Destination 225° Military pathway is designed to bridge the gap between military flight experience and the start of your civilian flying career.
Eligible applicants for this program are individuals who have completed the U.S. Armed Forces undergraduate pilot training school and received a rating qualification as a military pilot with either rotor, powerlift, or fixed-wing experience.
Once selected as a participant in Destination 225° you will receive guidance from a Southwest® First Officer Mentor who will be able to provide direction on the additional training or flight time requirements needed before leaving active military status. As a Military pathway participant, you will be required to build the requisite flight time and experience before transitioning out of the military. After transitioning from active status in the military, you will earn your restricted ATP/CTP with our training partner, Bell Murray Aerospace.
Bell Murray Aerospace is an FAA 142 Training Center dedicated to exploring training opportunities in all areas of aerospace, including individual pilot training, corporate, and military aviation operations.
Upon completion of the training with Bell Murray Aerospace (earning your ATP/CTP) the Destination 225° Military pathway will connect you with one of our partner carriers where you will build a minimum of two years’ flying experience prior to launching a career as a Southwest Airlines® First Officer.
Jet Linx is excited to offer talented pilots the opportunity to build flight time as a part of our FAA Part 135 fleet, and to share in our culture and values as they prepare for the next stage in their aviation career.
Minimum Qualifications to be Considered:
- Must be accepted into the Destination 225 program via Southwest Airlines acceptance letter
- Must be an actively enrolled in Training Partner program affiliated with D225 program
- Must be willing to commit minimum of 2 years to Jet Linx
- Must provide letter of recommendation showing good standing in coursework and flight training
- Must provide current resume displaying current flight times, ratings and other applicable experience
- Must successfully pass TSA background screenings, criminal history records check and FAA/DOT drug testing
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Be able to pass the prescreening requirements needed for employment at Southwest Airlines
- Be able to relocate
Education & Work Experience:
- Achieved a degree/certification from CAE ab initio program
- Commercial, Instrument and Multi-Engine ratings required
- R-ATP requirements required
- Possess a USA DOT/FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Have or be able to obtain a valid passport with the ability to travel in and out of the US
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis without the need for company sponsorship of an employment-based visa now or in the future
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of application