Contract Specialist III
Jefferson Solutions, a well-respected government consulting company of the Jefferson Consulting Group, woman-owned small business, is looking for contracting specialists to support work with a DC-based federal agency.
You will be responsible for supporting a variety of specialized pre- and post-award services in the areas of IT portfolio requirements development/baselining, acquisition planning, source selection, contract preparation/issuance as well as support for the development of task/delivery orders related to a variety of contract vehicles.
- solicit, evaluate, negotiate, and award contracts with a variety of public and private entities for services, products, construction, or research/development required by the agency.
- analyze cost and evaluate cost or price proposals and accounting systems data.
- plan, assist with establishing or reviewing contracts/programs, and policies, or procedures.
- assist in formulating and administering policies and procedures to ensure the federal government's ability to meet socioeconomic goals especially those affecting small business, labor surplus areas, and disadvantaged business firms.
- develop acquisition strategies and manage procurements.
This role requires:
- At least 4 years of federal acquisition experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- FAC-C or DAWIA Level III certification.
- Specialized knowledge of negotiation techniques to meet an reach agreement with proposed contractor on price and performance terms.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, writing and analytical skills to effectively interact with program and contracting officials.
- Attention to detail, high standards of excellence and commitment to perform and execute all project activities successfully.
You must also be able to pass a background investigation and favorable fitness/suitability determination.
Jefferson Solutions is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic data, veteran status or any category protected by law