Assistant Studio Manager
Are you a creative, high energy individual who takes initiative and wants to be part of creating memories that last a lifetime?
Do you have a passion for leadership and photography? Then we want you to join our JCPenney Portraits team! We’ll teach you what you need to know to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations. If this sounds interesting to you, apply now!
We are currently seeking an Assistant Studio Manager.
Assist the Studio Manager with the operation and management of a portrait studio as well as capture images that are fun, spontaneous and creative to exceed the customers’ expectations, be part of achieving Sales Average expectations, talk with potential customers and call existing customers to schedule and confirm photography sessions, as well as provide a delightful customer experience. All of our team members demonstrate professionalism and a positive mindset while showing concern for the safety of our customers by following established safety procedures and practices.
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 - 2 years of experience working in a retail, photographic or service industry, strongly preferred.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including days, nights, holidays and weekends, as needed.
- Customer service and sales skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to quickly develop a good rapport with children and adults.
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry) specifically Outlook and Excel).
- Strong math skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in multiple studios (where applicable) based on business needs.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish fluently in some markets, may be preferred.
Assistant Studio Managers also enjoy:
- Paid comprehensive photography and sales training
- Competitive pay and monthly bonus potential
- JCPenney store and studio discount
- Medical, dental and life insurance benefits (for full-time positions)
- Participation in our employee stock ownership plan for eligible studio employees
Assistant Studio Managers are required to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance, reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and assemble/disassemble equipment. Assistant Studio Managers must be able to frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds (and occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds).
A more detailed job description will be provided to interviewed candidates.
JCPenney Portraits is operated by Lifetouch Portrait Studios, a Shutterfly company, which operates over 400 portrait studios across the United States. Our photographers are trained on contemporary posing, lighting techniques and composition to provide high-quality, fun portraits that tell every customer’s unique story. They capture moments and life’s milestones (e.g., birthday, holiday, graduation, engagement) as well as family, group and pet images.
Lifetouch Portrait Studios, Inc. values our employee-owners and we look to our internal talent for possible career advancement within our business as well as other Lifetouch companies. We are Equal Opportunity Employer.