Director Inclusion & Diversity, CSR and Supplier Diversity
Director Inclusion & Diversity, CSR and Supplier Diversity
The Director of Inclusion & Diversity, CSR and Supplier Diversity will report to the VP of Talent Development, Diversity and Acquisition. You will be the Company Ambassador and Culture Warrior related to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Supplier Diversity and Inclusion & Diversity providing strategic direction and execution on the organizational plan as it relates to these business disciplines. As the Leader, you will develop, implement, and measure Inclusion & Diversity, CSR and Supplier Diversity strategies and programs. Additionally, lead and support our genuine commitment to creating a positive difference for the well-being of our Associates, Communities, and Business Partners through ethical business practices and good corporate governance. You will oversee the Supplier Diversity program to ensure continued flow of minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, LGBT-owned, service disabled veteran-owned, historically underutilized business, and Small Business Administration (SBA)-defined small business concerns as suppliers.
You will work with cross functional Business Leaders to support them in championing a diverse, multicultural workforce where all employees can achieve and contribute to the company’s success. You will consult stakeholders across the Business to ensure that the employee voice is heard and reflected in the strategies that maximize employee engagement. You will lead the organization beyond compliance by providing guidance on cultural competence and sustainable CSR practices. As a member of the corporate leadership team, you will play an active key-role in discussions of any nature in helping drive the human capital strategy for the Company.
I&D Strategy Execution
- Lead Inclusion, Diversity, and Culture activities, overseeing directly and indirectly a team of culture, employee experience and diversity experts
- Collaborate with cross functional business partners to ensure the alignment and the infusion of the culture in all relevant HR products and services
- Design, implement and drive the creation and execution of diversity and inclusion strategies for approximately 95,000 employees.
- Develop policies, strategies, tools and programs to leverage inclusion and diversity to drive business outcomes
- Communicate company commitment and best practices to internal and external constituencies
- Create performance metrics to measure accountability and progress for our I&D efforts
- Develop, in partnership with key internal stakeholders, a plan for blending I&D strategy with our community outreach programs
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that our Inclusion and Diversity efforts are well-managed and thoroughly embedded in the culture of the organization
- Prepare and present diversity and inclusion initiatives to officers
- Provide consultation across HR when designing, embedding and implementing Inclusion, Diversity and Culture processes in; Reporting and data analytics - Executive Development - Learning delivered via leadership development and Succession planning and executive selection
- Act as a thought leader and advisor to the HRBPs, business unit, inclusion and diversity councils, and leaders; work directly with HRBPs to support strategic planning that will drive an engagement and inclusion strategy that enables diversity
- Provide innovative ideas and solutions to select and retain talented women and minorities into the company
- Monitor internal and external diversity trends and legal developments impacting policy, the recruitment and retention of co-workers, and our external stakeholders.
- Subject Matter Expert on Inclusion & Diversity. Understand how to integrate and execute related best practices into the full-scope of HR practices: Workforce Planning and Employment; Talent Management; and Change Management.
- Key Business Partner to senior managers and executives on the business disciplines of Inclusion & Diversity. Uses functional expertise to provide credible internal client support in the areas of people management; associate engagement; negotiation and conflict management. Company Ambassador with the community and other business partners ensuring that JCPenney Brand is respected and viewed as an Employer and Business of Choice.
Associate Education / Engagement / Retention
- Provide leadership, counsel and support to build and expand our Business Resource Teams (BRTs) aligning their activities to the business mission and vision of JCPenney
- Analyze data such as engagement surveys, organizational culture audits, and prepare reports for senior management to inform decision-making.
- Serve as subject matter expert and partner with Talent Acquisition to drive targeted diversity recruiting initiatives; leverage industry and internal best practices as appropriate
- Role Model that leads the integrations of core values; integrity; and accountability throughout the Company’s business and human capital practices. Responsible for ensuring the disciplines under the umbrella of JCPenney CSR, I&D are upheld, executed, and in compliance with Company goals.
Supplier Diversity & CSR Advocacy
- Partner with sales and marketing team to increase visibility and appeal of JCPenney’s brand across a diverse consumer base.
- Inspires the use of minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, LGBT-owned, service disabled veteran-owned, historically underutilized business, and Small Business Administration (SBA)-defined small business concerns as suppliers.”
- Actively participate in trade organizations, advocacy groups, development conferences, or other forums that foster diverse supplier engagement. Seek to build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with suppliers that play an important role in helping us to meet our customers’ evolving needs.
- Ability to influence others to achieve the Company’s goals for CSR. Develops, leads, and executes the full-cycle of CSR project management from chartering, planning, research and gap analysis to final recommendations of process improvement and implementation related to CSR
- Work cross functionally to identify corporate CSR goals across environmental, sourcing, associate engagement and development and philanthropy. Ensure goals and outcomes are reported out on a bi-annual basis
- Action Oriented: Seizes opportunities to drive the business and demonstrate a “can do, will do attitude”
- Critical Thinking: Analyzes and evaluates information to make the best decisions for the business
- Relentless Drive for Results: Demonstrates perseverance, speed and drive for achieving results
- Insatiable Curiosity: Digs deeper and looks beyond the surface to understand the business and develop innovative solutions
- Serving Customers: Seeks to understand and takes action on the needs of our customers
- Builds Trust: Acts with integrity and establishes trust by taking accountability
- Works Together Builds relationships by respecting others and seeking different perspectives
- Growth Mindset Accelerates personal learning and the development of others by applying a growth mindset
- Driver of Change Demonstrates adaptability and makes improvements that drive the greatest returns
- Creates Momentum Creates positive energy in the workplace and builds on the success of others
- Getting Real Demonstrates confidence and candor while challenging the status quo
Minimum of 10 years of experience within a complex and high-growth organization
Five or more years leading the diversity and inclusion efforts at a large, global organization
Previous experience leading and managing a team
Track record of progressive responsibility and tangible results leading diversity and inclusion initiatives preferred
Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or similar field; Master’s preferred with related HR management experience specifically with responsibilities related to CSR, Supplier Diversity and Inclusion & Diversity
The role is based in Plano, TX