COMPLEX HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER II
Complex HR Manager
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always.
We have implemented safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are working to ensure social distancing within our facility. We have installed physical barriers throughout our facility such as plexi-glass or plastic barriers between team member work stations. Each day, temperature screens are performed for each employee and visitor before entering the facility. Face coverings are provided and required over the mouth and nose at all times when inside the facility, and enhanced cleaning and sanitation is regularly performed.
Develops and directs implementation of plans and/or programs to ensure the most effective utilization of human resources to support site/plant human resources objectives. Procures human resources, training, compensation, and other activities needed to carry out human resources objectives and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages the administration of personnel policies and practices at assigned location.
• Manages employee training and orientation programs.
• Ensures that the administration of compensation and benefits programs at the location are in line with corporate programs.
• Works with management to plan and implement programs to meet human resource requirements.
• Prepares budget of human resource operations.
• Implements effective affirmative action, and other employee relations programs.
• Prepares separation notices for employees separating with cause and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
• Reviews reports and develops procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
• Represents company at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
• Ensures adherence to all federal, state and local regulations governing human resources processes.
• Participates in collective bargaining negotiations and administers contract provisions at the location.
Duties include scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of work as a Manager (or equivalent) over Assistant Managers and/or Supervisors. Has approval authority of personnel actions such as hirings, terminations, and disciplinary actions.
Decisions require detailed analysis and consideration of various factors to develop creative solutions.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS:
Decisions will have a significant impact on the work area/department.
Work requires the use of a variety of procedures, policies, and/or standards. Moderate analytic ability is required in the application of guidelines, policies, and procedures and in gathering and interpreting data in cases for problems of moderate difficulty or complexity.
Solves problems by gathering, compiling, and sorting information. Problems are usually at the work unit or department level.
FREEDOM OF ACTION:
Works under general direction from broad goals and policies only. May participate heavily in setting one's own objectives.
INTERNAL; Internal communication is required on a daily basis with all level of positions. Communication requires considerable explanation and influence on complex issues (e.g., problem-solving skills in the areas of responsibilities, finance, and/or work flow). Must be diplomatic and adaptable to various communication styles.
EXTERNAL; External communication is required on a weekly basis with all level of positions. Communication requires considerable explanation and influence on complex issues (e.g., problem-solving skills in the areas of responsibilities, finance, and/or work flow). Must be diplomatic and adaptable to various communication styles.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field; however, additional related work experience will be considered in lieu of the education requirement.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.