LABORATORY TECHNICIAN II - FEEDMILL
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs laboratory work according to prescribed standards.
• Determines chemical and physical characteristics or composition.
• Sets up, adjusts, and operates laboratory equipment and instruments.
• Analyzes samples. Performs laboratory tests according to prescribed standards. Tests for nutritional properties of feed and ingredients and pesticides.
• Tests samples to verify conformity to specifications. Records test results.
• Cleans laboratory equipment.
• Calibrates laboratory instruments.
• Assists with the preparation of chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
• Safe chemical handling
• Move chemicals and transport them to outside chemical storage building
• Sample preparation involving grinding of sample
• May require availability outside of normal business hours.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required.
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of 1 year of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.