Purpose & Scope: This position is responsible for ensuring that all Live haul equipment and Dead haul equipment are washed and disinfected in accordance with current biosecurity protocols. This position also assists with vaccination weaned piglets at the Transfer Station.
- Scrape solid materials, wash and disinfect live haul trailers, tractors and dead haul equipment daily
- Ability to back tractor/trailer into and out of wash bays
- Ability to drive a tractor/trailer on farm roads from truck wash to clean lot (will provide training)
- Ensure equipment and tools at the truck wash are in proper working order
- Keep truck wash bays clean and disinfected. Maintain cleanliness and organization of the truck wash site.
- Assist in piglet movements, vaccinations and euthanasia at Transfer Station
- Other duties as assigned by Internal Live Haul manager
Travel: Internal between truck wash and transfer station
- Ability to bend, move, lift and physically perform duties in the scope of this position.
- Ability to lift more than 50lbs regularly
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
- Be a team oriented, self-motivated and positive individual with strong work ethic
- Ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with Bio-Security and swine production
- Proven safety track and awareness