Stacking Line Operator
Pilgrim’s wants YOU to join our hourly production team! Positions start at $16.90/hour and we are offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401K contributions
- Better Futures Program –2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
- Opportunity to grow your career through our Supervisor Development Program
At Pilgrim’s, Safety Is A Condition, which means the safety of our team members comes first - always. This includes increased safety measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, such as enhanced cleaning and sanitation, face coverings, temperature screens and plexi-glass or plastic barriers. We are also working to secure vaccine availability for our Team Members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- To maintain operation of box-sealing machines, to include troubleshooting
- To check any alarms generated by metal detection system
- To check that proper barcode information is being printed on labels
- Communicate changeovers with proper personnel
- Understand packaging requirements for different product codes in packout
- Minor repair of computer/printer or contact Business Systems Technician for assistance.
- Understand production schedule for shift
- Other duties as required by management and supervision.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak English
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math skills including: addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentage calculations
- Ability to pass a Prove It test
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to learn USDA and FSQA requirements in paperwork for different types of shipped product.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft.