TRAINER (PRODUCTION) 1ST SHIFT
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all safety policies and expectations are being met by new hires
- Manage the overall experience of new hires from day 1 to 60 days or when the new hire becomes qualified, whichever comes first.
- Administer, track, and evaluate all new hire floor training to include but not limited to: hours of training per week, qualification status, attendance, turnover, fostering new hire/supervisor relationship, weekly meetings, other duties as assigned
- Supervise new-hires during the training period and make recommendations to management and/or Human Resources regarding training needs, concerns and continued employment.
- Develop and promote positive working relationships with new hires, peers, leaders and clients
- Meet with supervisors, Human Resources, and coordinators to review production processes and product specifications
- Participate on HR & company committees
- Fulfill the below key performance indicators: 30 and 60 day retention, minimum of 2 Safety Observations per week, JSA completions of all new hires, and others as assigned
- All other duties as assigned
- Highly motivational and positive, considered a great people person
- Previous training experience preferred
- Knowledgeable in all duties of the specific department
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional communication and demeanor
- Ability to present ideas, concepts, issues, concerns, and questions in a well thought out, positive, and professional manner to employees
- Disciplined, confident and self-starter
- Able to work independently
- Must be willing to work in a plant/industrial environment
- Must have great attendance record and be in good standing
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT: High School Diploma/ GED; Associates Degree or two years of college coursework in Communications, HR, or similar field preferred but not required; experience in lieu of degree will be considered.