BREEDER SERVICE TECHNICIAN
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Inspects farms for compliance with contract and cooperative agreement standards.
• Advises farmers on development programs to assist in producing quality poultry products.
• Conducts safety meetings.
• Coordinates and/or handles the movement of pullets.
• Performs field vaccinations and/or administers medications.
• Weighs, handles and fleshes pullets, hens and males.
• Tracks and analyzes hen productivity.
• May collect and transport eggs and track hatchability.
• May schedule and train other employees.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS:
Decisions may impact the department, goals of the department, or the work area/unit.
Work requires the use of a variety of procedures, policies and/or standards. Moderate analytic ability is required in the application of guidelines, policies, and procedures and in gathering and interpreting data in cases for problems of moderate difficulty or complexity.
Solves problems by gathering, compiling, and sorting information. Problems are usually at the work unit or department level.
FREEDOM OF ACTION:
Works under limited supervision with periods of relative autonomy and general review. The position has the latitude to select techniques/processes within defined broad objectives and procedures to complete tasks. May periodically lead/supervise others.
INTERNAL; Internal communication is required on a weekly basis with Professional or Supervisor level positions. Communication involves exchange of basic verbal/written routine information and/or simple service activities requiring common courtesy, (e.g., answering questions, giving direction in response to simple requests).
EXTERNAL; External communication is required on a daily basis with Clerical or Technical level positions. Communication requires moderate tact and cooperation to convey basic facts (e.g., scheduling and/or coordinating two personal calendars, resolving problems, and/or obtaining necessary information).
Routine discomforts from exposure to moderate heat, cold, moisture/wetness, and unpleasant air conditions. May involve routine exposure to soiled materials and light chemical substances such as cleaning solutions.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field.
Typically requires greater than 2 up to 5 years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
Current driver's license and good driving record.