LEAD PAYROLL SPECIALIST II (Kronos)
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Payroll Specialist needed in the payroll department on a full-time basis for 40 hours per week located in Greeley, CO. Hours are flexible between the hours of 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Assist in processing payroll runs weekly in Kronos.
- Editing timecards in Kronos.
- Testing in Kronos relating to system functionality, pay rules, reports, and interfaces.
- Customer service support and training on Kronos functionality.
- Assist in processing payroll runs weekly in SAP.
- Answer questions from employees and supervisors regarding payroll matters.
- Enter records on vacation, sick leave, etc.
- Coordinate and process any off cycle payments.
- Enter correcting items from error report from pay card and bank returns.
- Payroll tasks as assign by supervisor/manager.
- Assist with governmental/compliance reporting.
- Kronos knowledge required.
- Knowledge of union contact language and how it pertains to payroll processing.
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Strong 10-Key data entry skills required.
- 2 years of experience in similar role.
- Knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Windows applications.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Highly organized and dependable.
- Self-starter and proactive.
- High School diploma or GED required.
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to sit for long periods of time at a desk, generally up to 7 hours per day and occasionally standing and walking. The repetitive motion using hands with constant keyboarding and physical use of vision to read computer monitors and paper documents. Regularly required to use hands to operate standard office equipment (personal computer, photocopy machine, fax machine). Occasionally required to stoop, kneel and lift up to 25 pounds. The noise level in the office work environment is usually moderate.
This is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.