ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST - CATTLE ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
Accounting Specialist – Cattle Accounts Payable
The Accounting Specialist will report to the Accounting Supervisor.
Job Overview: This position’s main responsibility is to assist in the day-to-day accounting duties of the JBS USA – Plainwell plant in regards to the cattle purchase costs, feed charges, financials, and other charges. This position also requires interface with the JBS – Plainwell Slaughter, Barn and Accounting departments and will help in the reconciliation of cattle accounts.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist barn staff in tracking and accounting for daily delivery of cattle.
- Calculate and reconcile any payment deferrals.
- Ensure accuracy of data prior to upload into financial accounting system used for processing payments and adjustments.
- Review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval.
- Check cattle vendor files for any previous payments and assign voucher numbers.
- Obtain proper information regarding invoice payments.
- Clarify any questionable invoice items, prices or signatures.
- Maintain copies of vouchers, invoices or correspondence necessary for files.
- Provide other clerical support necessary to pay the financial obligations of the plant.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Computer skills: Intermediate Microsoft Excel, SAP experience, Multi-system focused
- Attention to detail
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounts Payable or related field
- Flexibility and Interpersonal skills required