Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
The Deductions Coordinator is responsible for resolving assigned deductions by interacting with other departments and key accounts. The position also processes adjustment documents to clear the customer’s account.
- Process deductions by researching and identifying proper reason codes, which are used for approval paths as well as for reporting and audit purposes
- Locate signed bill of lading (Proof of Delivery) in the system.
- Create Rebills to customers for disapproved deductions. Create credits or debits for correction purposes
- Research previous credits issues (whether open on A/R or already cleared) to avoid duplication of credits allow on same issue
- Access various Inventory and Transportation records in the research and verification process for product/carrier deductions
- Interact with Sales, Transportation, Inventory, Customer Service and plant Accounting Manager to obtain feedback or approvals in a timely manner
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2 years of related experience needed to successfully perform the duties of this job
- Must be able to set goals and meet deadlines
- Ability to work proactively in a high-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Must be focused and detail-oriented
- Critical Thinking and problem solving are essential skills
- Ability to professionally communicate with a variety of individuals.