Product Development Manager
The main responsibility of this role is to develop continually evolving products portfolio that is differentiated from what is found in the market today. This differentiation should be driven by application, ingredients, packaging, flavor profile, pricing, etc.
- Create new products and manage WFF brands/programs documentation, standard, and support commercialization of the products, engaging with producers, co-packing companies and our internal Category Management and Marketing teams
- Responsible for Product Lifecycle Management and product specification
- Responsible for WFF USA’s USDA label approvals and packaging regulatory
- Provide support to the plants regarding Labeling, Packaging, Product Specifications, export and system issues
- Assist customers with inquiries or documentations related to Labeling, quality and food safety
- Build effective relationships with the vendor community.
- Maintain advanced technical and business level understanding of the competitive environment, emerging technology and strategic direction of the Wild Fork business to help identify gaps or opportunities to improve product portfolio.
- Use technical expertise, assortment analysis and innovative thinking to develop products that are differentiated by way of claims, nutritionals and profitability.
- Contribute to the definition of brand standards in regards to ingredient, nutritional and product attributes.
- Based on consumer feedback, identify and implement innovative modifications of ingredients, formulations, packaging and processes to achieve business goals of launching new products or improving existing product portfolio.
- Assist in developing process specifications in order to provide guidance and expectations to vendor partners.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in food Science or Animal Science required. Master’s degree is a plus
- 5 years of food/meat industry experience required
- Must have 4+ years’ experience in labeling and packaging regulatory
- 4+ years’ experience in product development of consumer packaged goods, retail or foodservice industry. Preferably experience working with ready to eat or fully cooked products.
Knowledge & Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of HACCP
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications, Power Point, Excel and Word.
- Must be able to work effectively and meet deadlines while working with minimal supervision.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Understanding of meat plant operations.
- Strong organizational and accuracy skills.
- Ability to execute quality system programs & audits.
- Must have a strong business acumen
- Must have a solid understanding of the core fundamentals of the culinary arts
- Strong sensory evaluation and analysis skills
EOE/M/F/VET/DISABLED DRUG FREE WORK PLACE