Location: Ottumwa, IA
Job title: Maintenance Scheduler
Type of position: Full-time
- Schedule and maintain preventative maintenance
- Monitor all production areas to ensure proper functioning of equipment and machinery.
- Prioritize work orders and schedule mechanics according to urgency and necessity of orders in SAP
- Promote and encourage safety in all aspects of maintenance.
- Add/delete equipment in SAP to keep data up to date.
- Attend meetings as scheduled, staff, USDA, or any called
- Safety background desired with a strong understanding of OSHA safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in English
- Goal oriented and possess root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to lead people toward achieving personal and plant results.
- Coordinates maintenance employee’s responsibilities and oversees the mechanical of equipment.
- Responsible for correcting or facilitating correctible measures when downtime results from mechanical or technical defects.
- Review, plan, and schedule all recurring PM activities.
- Receive and review all non-emergency work orders from requesting departments.
- Review and screen all work orders are filled out properly with the proper information for the request.
- Develop an integrated maintenance work schedule for the maintenance supervisors (including PM, PDM, and non-emergency work orders)
- Work with facility managers to properly prioritize work and ensure proper resources allocation.
- Identify changes needed to the PM program.
- Create PM for new equipment implemented into the plant’s process.
- Processes maintenance downtime report for corporate and plant management.
- Order parts and assigns work orders or special projects to maintenance employees
- Tends to other duties as needed.
- Be able to communicate verbally and in written form in English
- Computer proficient i.e. Microsoft word, excel, etc.
- Strong knowledge of SAP systems and related systems/ Software.
- Strong knowledge of work management processes, labor estimating and good working knowledge of plant process equipment.
- Must be flexible and responsive to company needs.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive in problem solving and lead the resolution of equipment projects.
- Organizational Skills along with the ability to of independent decision making.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations
- Strong understanding of skilled crafts such as: HVAC, Carpentry, Electricity, Mechanical, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Plumbing, and the ability to read schematics-blue prints.
- Industrial construction experience beneficial.
- Previous hourly maintenance and supervisor experience preferred.
- Work 40+ hours per week in all areas of the plant.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices used in the building, mechanical and electrical trades.
- Previous mechanical and related experience required.
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Education Requirements (if applicable):
- Technical schooling with mechanical or electrical emphasis helpful.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.