WORKERS COMPENSATION COORDINATOR
FUNCTION: Coordinate and monitor worker’s compensation services provided by the Third Party Administrator (TPA) consistent with JBS USA’s business goals and objectives
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Assist with daily execution of workers’ compensation claim management strategies for employees with a work related injury or illness.
- By following the Workers’ Compensation Handling Guidelines, ensure that the Third Party Administrated (TPA) has the information necessary to properly open and manage the claims process in a timely manner.
- Provide general information to employees and department personnel regarding the workers’ compensation claim processes.
- Coordinate the exchange of information among the Occupational Nurse Manager, Safety and Health Staff, the Human Resource Staff, and the TPA.
- Coordinate the agenda for the biweekly Workers’ Compensation Committee Meetings with TPA
- Aid the Occupational Nurse Manager in setting up doctor appointments
- Maintain accurate workers’ compensation records and reports to comply with federal and state record keeping requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the Safety and Health Department.
- Assist with the development and distribution of claim management and financial reports (ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual).
- Assist occupational health staff with understanding and directing worker’s comp cases.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation of care provided meets legal requirements and provides continuity of care. Adheres to HIPAA and partner confidentiality to ensure compliance of confidentiality of employee’s personal information. Assists in establishing, maintaining, and reviewing. Adheres to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker’s Compensation, etc. Assists in maintaining OSHA log.
- Maintain HazMat certification to assist in HazMat events
- Works as liaison between occupational health and human resources department to ensure Return to Work for work related as well as non-work related incidents is maintained.
- Oversee restricted duty, work with supervisor and safety department to ensure proper placement and follow up on restricted duty employees.
- Availability to work on different shifts as needed as well as ability to be on call 24/7 in occ health manager’s absence.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Regular exposure to plant production areas including sharp knives, various chemicals, slippery floors, temperature extremes, etc
JBS began in 1953 as a small, family-owned company in Brazil. We have continued to steadily grow and are now the largest animal protein processor in the world. Though our business has grown, our family values remain our foundation. We seek to hire dedicated individuals who are committed to learning and share our desire to be the best. At JBS, our team members are our most important asset and feeding the world is our greatest goal. The Grand Island operation is a two-shift, beef-processing facility located in central Nebraska north of Interstate 80. JBS employs a total of 3,300 team members.
Grand Island has the capacity to process more than 1,400,000 cattle per year and currently exports to 20 different countries around the world including Japan, Hong Kong, Mexico, Korea, Canada, Singapore, China and Chile. Grand Island loaded out approximately 10,140,000 boxes of beef in 2012.
Investing in our people is a large part of the reason why success at JBS is so achievable. Working in operations gives you the opportunity to contribute to the very core of our business: producing the highest quality products for families around the globe. At the JBS operations facilities, we offer career growth opportunities for people with all kinds of interests and backgrounds who are interested in working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment. Additionally, opportunities abound for those who enjoy working within the production environment and are excited about both leading a team and ensuring we are producing a top quality, safe product for families across the globe.
JBS® values the people who make our company a success. We want to be sure our team members know just how much we appreciate their dedication by ensuring they love working with us. As part of our total compensation package, JBS® and offers comprehensive employee benefits designed to meet the healthcare and financial goals of our team members and their families today, tomorrow and in the future.
- Position requires individual to cut, trim, and fabricate wholesale beef products in a production line setting
- Ability to lift, push, and pull product repetitively in a hot and/or cold assembly line environment
- Ability to work with sharp instruments
- Must maintain good personal hygiene
- Fabrication, Slaughter, Case Ready, Material Handling, Rendering