PRODUCTION SCHEDULER III
JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Production Scheduler for JBS that reports to the Corporate Office in Greeley, Colorado.
This position requires a Monday – Friday 4:00 AM – 1:30 PM schedule with a rotating 3 hour shift every 4th Saturday.
- Create production schedules for all trim and ground beef produced at specified meat processing facility.
- Provide product availability to sales for both trim and grind processes.
- Manage Raw Materials to adhere to BCF (Best Cost Formulation) in order to minimize raw material costs.
- Manage all aspects of Frozen Trim to include in ground beef to optimize profitability.
- Manage product age rotation with plant personnel to eliminate dated product related issues/costs.
- Drive P&L awareness and profitability performance in specified Ground Beef operation. Includes efficiencies, material usage, lean point measures.
- Work hand in hand with plant production leaders to coordinate PPH targets and actuals that feed production schedules and availability reporting.
- Work closely with plant Scheduling Managers for primal availability, cattle mix and changes in head count.
- Manage substitutions on customer orders and keep sales force informed of all changes in order contents or status.
- Ensure order prints and schedules are printed/released to plant accurately and timely daily.
- Meet KPI’s for Order Fill, Make Sheet Accuracy, On Time Departure and On Time Delivery for all orders.
- Maintain data within Order Management System and spreadsheet formulas that drive constraints, capacities and accurate forecast
- Travel bi-annually to a specified meat processing facility for a week to learn processes and collaborate with key business partners
- B.S. Animal Science or related field preferred.
- Experience in Scheduling and Demand Planning, Production, and/or Analytics Preferred.
- Above average skills in Microsoft Office (Excel).
- In depth knowledge of Production and Inventory Control Processes.
- Strong communication, computer and decision making skills.
- Preferred experience in Trim and Ground Beef Operations.
- Detail oriented, team player, leadership skills and strong multi-tasking skills.