DIRECTOR - SALES
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
- Manage Contract Negotiations, RFP process, Business Development, New Item Development, Top to Top Meetings. Includes both fresh and frozen channels.
- Develop and retain ongoing relationships at FFS with Corporate Category Managers, Regional COP Managers, FSQA team, and Replenishment Coordinator.
- Regular collaboration with Sr. Director of Sales to review and update strategies and initiatives.
- Accept ownership of Sales Objectives and all facets of our business that impact sales growth and MDF management.
- Work in Tandem with Pilgrims Corp office to develop and be responsible for margin realization.
- Develop and execute strategy to increase all brands sales volume with attention to required margin.
- Communicate strategies with Sr. Director of Distribution Sales and be willing to work with Region Managers and Brokers to train and implement for success.
- Participate in select FFS promotion events (Food Fanatics), Forums, and necessary conferences where Pilgrims attendance is desired and / or required.
- Provide understanding of market changes and industry changes that will affect our performance and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- 5+ years’ experience in Foodservice Value-added sales.
- Ability to represent Pilgrims and Sell our brand and corporate mission
- Basic computer skills-Microsoft Office
- Collaborative/Accountable/Results Driven/ Detail Oriented
- Team Player
- Analytical and process oriented
- Able and willing to Communicate
- Desire to Win
- Must be willing to travel
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $140,000 - $160,000; and
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.