Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
• Design, specify, start, validate, monitor, and troubleshoot electronic control systems including PLC logic, HMI, electrical drives, relay logic and motor controls.
• Work cross-functionally with other departments and across other engineering disciplines to design and detail industrial processes, motor controls, instrumentation, and power systems that meet business requirements.
• Program, troubleshoot, and configure Allen Bradley (Rockwell) PLC/HMI control systems
• Detail control strategy for process areas, communicate, educate, and train technicians and managers on processes, equipment, and standards.
• Problem-solve in processes and/or design issues by applying controls
• Converse with contractors from a project management standpoint on the installation and commissioning of electronic control systems and related electrical maintenance.
• Must have a working knowledge of scale controller setup and adjustment
• Must have a working knowledge of all voltage ranges
• Must have the ability to setup, maintain, install, troubleshoot, and repair all control systems as well as line voltage systems
• Must be able to use manufacturer technical support as a troubleshooting tool to solve complicated issues
• Must be able to read and follow electrical schematics to both troubleshoot and install equipment
• Reports directly to Maintenance Supervisor.
• Daily inspection and repair of all lighting and protective covers for lighting throughout the facility.
• Inspect and repair all flex connections.
• Answers to the on-shift Maintenance Supervisor for facility breakdown calls
• Responsible to maintain the working stock of electrical parts that is separate from the parts we maintain in the Parts Warehouse.
• Meet face to face with the outgoing shift’s electrician to give an account of the day’s issues as well as a face to face meeting with the oncoming shift’s electrician to pass on issues for the day’s run.
• Enter and account for all time in SAP
• Order parts and materials for both projects and repairs
• Electrical safety and maintenance throughout the facility
• Lighting throughout the facility
• Cleanliness, neatness, and order of the electrical material storage area
• Associates or Bachelors of Science in Electronic Engineering preferred
• Ability to work non-traditional hours based on facility needs for commissioning and uploading
• Demonstrate problem solving ability with root analysis (RCA) required
• Able to lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts associated with high-level process issues.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Good planning and priority setting skills.
• Be Safety Minded
• May be required to work long hours and weekends.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
• Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
• Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts.
• Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
Plumrose is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.