MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - 3rd Shift
Position Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Greeley, CO Value Added Plant
Salary Class: Salary Non-Exempt
Purpose & Scope:
Maintains, tests, repairs electrical/electronic, and Scale devices. This position applies knowledge of electrical/electronic and Scale Calibration principles to insure consistent reliable operation of the technical equipment within and around a production area.
- List and describe (in order of importance) the specific tasks, assignments, level of discretionary authority and/or functions performed.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain electrical, electronic, PLC, and Scale systems.
- Develops and executes planned maintenance programs for equipment within and supporting production areas.
- Develops and executes training for the maintenance team to insure proper skill level is maintained to support the equipment for this operation.
- Works with the Corporate Engineering controls team to plan and execute technology based projects.
- Insure compliance to Local, State and Federal safety programs and works with the facility safety team to insure plant programs meet these requirements.
- Electrical Control maintenance to include: 110v control, 4-20mA, PLC Logic, HIM adjustment
- Electrical Power maintenance to include: 480V three phase,240V and 110V
- Physical demands: Climbing including ladders, lifting, working with a variety of hand and power tools, shop machines and tools.
- Work environment: Must be able to work in areas of heat, and cold conditions.
Experience & requirements
- 2-3 years’ experience in an industrial production facility or trade experience preferred. Proficient in controls troubleshooting
- Proficient in PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Strong computer skills
- General knowledge of machinery in plant that applies to the industry
- Must be able to learn quickly and make good decisions
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform a variety of duties
- Strong Electrical/Electronic aptitude
- Ability to read prints and schematics
- Strong technical skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule;
- Base salary range of $25.00 - $30.00
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background check for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.