Fulfillment Center Manager
This position will lead the picking, packing, and shipping teams. This leader will be responsible for the fulfillment of all orders, ensuring that orders are picked and shipped within the customer expected lead times. As a result, this position requires excellent prioritization, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays shifts
- Ability to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
- Oversee all daily activities for the pickers and packers
- Ensure all completed orders are loaded and shipped that same day
- Train, coach, mentor, and develop a fully cross trained team to provide maximum flexibility to support customer demand
- Drive efficiencies in all areas of the distribution center
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of 4 to 6 Operations Associates
- Communicate policies to Associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance, consistency, and taking corrective action when needed
- Create, manage, and support recognition and communication programs
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
- Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
- Receive deliveries
- Maintain and replenish inventory
- Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures
- Foster a culture of collaboration, continuous improvement, and customer service
- Must be able to perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency
- Regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move items up to 30 pounds
- Education/Experience: High school degree required, previous retail sales experience preferred, but not required
- Language Skills: Must be fluent in English and ability to speak Spanish is preferred
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to use a calculator and calculate percentages and ratios.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business. Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision.
- Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, listening, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- Work Hours: Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings and weekends shifts.
Locations and Placement
- The position will be located in a Fulfillment Center warehouse environment