SR. MARKETING BRAND MANAGER
Planterra is a fully funded Plant-Based Protein start-up in Boulder County –CO. It’s an investment by the JBS Company, the world’s largest protein producer and the second largest food company in the world.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Marketing Brand Manager who will be based at our Corporate Office in Lafayette, CO. Come build the best plant-based protein brand in the world.
This position is responsible for driving the performance, equity and share of our brands by developing & activating distinctive B2B and B2C strategies and tactics. We are seeking a passionate, determined marketer to develop and implement brand strategies that align with overall business goals. This role will interact cross-functionally with sales, finance, insights/category management, program management, operations and product development teams to create and implement brand and business strategies.
- Manage development and execution of the annual marketing plan for the brand across multiple channels (retail, DTC, Food Service, Ingredients, etc)
- Contribute to development and implementation of brand growth strategy and ensuring flawless execution of consumer brand initiatives (SEO, social media, content marketing, influencer relations, experiential events, sampling, digital strategies and other marketing mix initiatives)
- Translate market trends and consumer insights to sustain a highly competitive product portfolio and compelling value proposition.
- Develop, maintain and update brand standards, style guides, brand assets (sales materials, presentations, websites, retail point of sale displays, foodservice signage and menu suggestions, brand photography, etc.), maintain relevant brand identities based on consumer demand and market needs
- Develop and implement shopper marketing strategies to support key retailers both in store and on-line.
- Utilize consumer data and industry facts to create sales materials that communicate and sell key program features and benefits, specific for each channel
- Develop brand campaigns for both B2B, B2C & DTC initiatives
- Lead product launches and packaging updates; develop and communicate go-to-market strategy for new product launches
- Lead product renovation projects and cross-functional teams with input from sales, business leaders, program management, R&D, operations, etc.
- Lead the brand strategy, management and development of the brand
- Plan, organize and execute major industry events as needed, establish and develop corresponding agenda and content
- Coordinate with partner marketing and PR agencies to support business and specific brand goals, manage daily activities with agencies to ensure projects get completed on-time, on-budget
- Develop and implement participation and presence strategies for key trade shows and national industry events
- Support sales teams with food shows and customer meetings preparation as needed
- Minimum of 6-8 years of CPG product and/or brand building experience; food experience highly valued
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field, MBA preferred
- Experience in retail and B2B channels preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word & Excel
- Passion to drive results including: team-player, self-starter, open-mined, superb written and verbal communication skills, great interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence and lead others, including those outside of the marketing team
- Previous experience managing a small team preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate creative and innovative problem solving skills into strong business results
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to develop feasible and realistic deadlines
- Ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility as business priorities change
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to multiple personalities and management styles
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and company observed holidays
- 401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $130,000-150,000
- This position is eligible to participate in the Company’s annual bonus plan, the amount of bonus varies and is subject to the standard terms and conditions of the incentive program