POSITION SUMMARY: The Site Coordinator for the contract catchers is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of trucks and forklifts within the Live Haul department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
Overlooks the contract crew load out while completing all animal welfare checks.
Operates Live Haul trucks safely and with a conscious effort to transport fragile loads.
Monitors barn ventilation, barn conditions and bird conditions during contract load out.
Operates forklift loading trucks at contract growers in a safe & efficient manner.
Performs equipment inspections in accordance with company guidelines and equipment operating instructions to maintain compliance with CSA 2010. Reports all problems to the supervisor.
Follows packers and stock yards guidelines for weighing live poultry.
Loads trucks and crates as required.
Monitors equipment making minor adjustments or repairs to ensure quality and productivity standards are maintained, as well as preparing or coordinating the preparation of the work area for load out.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
· Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
· Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
· Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma, and participates in or supports the E$P program.
· Follow all company animal welfare guidelines
· Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of driving and traffic rules
· Some mechanical skill
· Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
· Ability to work under dusty adverse conditions
· Valid Class A drivers license is required
· Must Possess a Good Driving Record with a minimum of 3 years driving experience – must possess valid class A license with 0-12 months experience
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday May 22nd, 2019
Submit your application to: Rocky Lisowski, HR Manager