FABRICATION MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
FAB MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Operations Management (Live, Plant, Feed mill) Souderton, Pennsylvania
Position at JBS USA Food Company
FAB Maintenance Supervisor
This position is responsible for leading the hourly maintenance team members and responsible for overall plant maintenance including: scheduling, planning, prioritizing work, purchasing, employee supervision, training and development.
- Ensures that all aspects of the company safety policy and procedures are adhered to in the direct and indirect areas of the plant
- Ensures that all aspects of the food safety, HAACP and Government programs are adhered to with emphasis on the continue compliance to these programs
- Directs assigned employees in the performance of approved maintenance work
- Advises superiors and other appropriate members of the maintenance department of equipment failure or items requiring maintenance
- Ensures the production department receive the prompt, efficient, and quality service required to operate at maximum efficiency
- To assure accurate reporting and distribution of maintenance man hours
- Reduce production downtime due to mechanical failure or maintenance problems
- Execution of all maintenance and assigned work in his/her area in the plant
- Directs the activities of a group of mechanics assigned
- Accountable for the efficiency and effectiveness of all labor & resources under supervision
- Working with Machine specific vendors and contractors to maintain and troubleshoot equipment
- Work 40+ hours per week on production floor, including weekend work and rotating shifts as needed.
- Possible exposure to slippery floors, extreme temperature variations, loud noise, chemicals, sharp objectives (knives), machinery, and vehicles.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years background experience in general industrial maintenance
- General knowledge of machinery in plant that applies to the industry
- Must have background knowledge in hydraulic, welding and some PLC training
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and verbal. Bilingual preferred.
- Ability to prioritize activities. Capable to provide leadership/motivation to engage employees in the business.
- Strong computer skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, team building and good communication skill
- Previous supervisory experience
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.