Our Company, Your Opportunity:
Plumrose USA is a company with an 80-year history of providing high quality, great tasting sliced meats, bacon, ham and ribs. Plumrose was recently acquired by JBS, the world’s leading provider of beef, chicken and pork, with a vision of building the company into a leader in Protein Centric Prepared Foods. This is a unique opportunity to be in a start-up environment, with the backing of a Global CPG Powerhouse. This is a role for someone who is looking for an entrepreneurial challenge in a company with aspirations to be leaders within the CPG world. The position will have both strategic and tactical elements and the person may wear different hats. This is an opportunity for people who want to think Big, dream Big and work to make Big ideas a reality.
To be THE BEST in all we do. We are completely focused on our business, ensuring the BEST products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers and profitability for our shareholders. All this, we do to provide an opportunity for a better future for all of our TEAM MEMBERS.
Summary of Position
This role delivers critical accounting support to the Plant Controller. The Accounting Specialist will perform timely and accurate accounting, data entry, and clerical support duties. This role will support operations excellence through analysis and reporting of daily/weekly/monthly plant performance and cost drivers. The Accounting Specialist must follow and enforce all plant safety rules and policies.
- Compile and enter daily consumption for RM, Packaging & Ingredients
- Assist with cycle counting coordination and record inventory adjustments
- Accounts Payable Review for items over 90 days. Work to clear GRIR exceptions.
- Review Raw Material Receiving and assist to resolve discrepancies in reporting
- Analyze product manufacturing cost
- Partner with inventory control in investigating inventory discrepancies.
- Work closely with operations to provide daily operating reports
- Analyzing data to support and improve information and reporting available
- Identify areas for continuous improvement and or cost reduction and making recommendations
- Office and clerical duties such as mail collection, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Back up other duties as needed
- Conduct all activities in a professional manner and positive attitude with an emphasis on personal responsibility and our Core Values
- High School Diploma or GED required; some college and/or experience in a similar area preferred
- Knowledge or experience working in meat or food processing industry preferred but not required
- Prefer proficiency with SAP
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, namely Excel
- Must have strong critical thinking skills to identify problems, and come up with solutions
- Must be able to multi task and possess strong detail oriented analytical abilities
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some Saturdays
- Effective verbal and written communication skills