TANNERY PROCESS SUPERVISOR
- Coordinate and supervise pre-operations. Examine and verify cleanliness and sanitation of equipment and area.
- Resolve problems and issues with safety, product quality and employee issues as they arise
- Communicate frequently with other process supervisors and managers including put not limited to all production peers
- Direct, motivate, and monitor the safety & quality of employees and product
- Evaluate performance of current employees
- Attend meetings associated with customer expectations and satisfaction as scheduled or called
- Coordinate the efforts of other departments to optimize the company performance by meeting the company’s guidelines and management expectations.
- Work in extreme temperatures (hot or cold) and able to lift 50 lbs.+
- Perform various other duties as needed.
- Monitoring and adherence of all quality specification of products
- Required to oversee daily Pre/Post-Operational duties and Quality checks that are performed by QA Technicians; this includes monitoring but not limited to Safety and Quality related items.
- Responsible for the motivation and managing of Employees as well as their safety
Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and maintain a good working relationship with management, plant employees, and any others as needed
Must have good decision making and planning skills
Ability to work 50+ hours per week and frequent Saturday work
Extended walking and standing in a hot/cold environment
High School Graduate or GED equivalent (preferred but not required)
2 years of Management experience in a Tannery industry, manufacturing or production environment preferred
Supervisor will be responsible and careful with safety and quality. It is separated by two main steps: Beamhouse and Tanning. It should be noted that our Tannery operates 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
Sequence of Basic Job Steps for Drum operator:
- Employee must always check PPE before use.
- Check the equipment h2s monitor, pHmeter, thermometer, and salometer.
- Prepare the drum to receive the hides
- Position the big door for loading.
- Check formula date for information, and formula receipt for chemicals to be used.
- After loading, operator will position the big door to be closed.
- Use formula to start the soaking procedure. Checking water volume and chemicals.
- The controls determined in the formula and steps must be recorded and checked by supervisor.
- Employee will measure samples as required by beamhouse process
- At end of process download drum to be transported to lime fleshing.