APPRENTICESHIP INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE PROGRAM
JBS® Pork is a leader in premium pork products designed to provide customers with a superior eating experience each and every time. Our wide selection of brands including Swift® and Swift Premium®, are well-recognized for their value, freshness and consistency. From our premium fresh natural products to our innovative dry rubbed, ready-to-cook products, JBS Pork offers the solution for your quality pork needs.
JBS is hiring for quality, motivated, people to join the JBS team on our production floor as maintenance mechanic/ electrician. These positions include but are not limited to the following duties:
- Perform skilled maintenance activities including construction, welding, brazing, soldering, plumbing and hydraulics.
- Monitor all production areas to ensure proper functioning of equipment and machinery.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Adhere to Safety Procedures including, but limited to Lock Out Tag Out, Power Industrial Truck, Scissor Lift, Harness/Fall Protection, etc.
- Adjust, repair and replace electrical and electronic equipment.
- Promote and encourage safety in all aspects of maintenance.
- Complete required paperwork
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in English
- Goal oriented and possess root cause analysis skills.
- Ability to lead people toward achieving personal and plant results.
- Completes assigned responsibilities and oversees the mechanical work of equipment.
- Responsible for correcting or facilitating correctable measures when downtime results from mechanical or technical defects.
- Processes maintenance downtime report for corporate and plant management. Assigns work orders or special projects to maintenance employees
- Maintains department budget within specified guidelines.
- Conducts preoperative inspection and handles maintenance concerns of Production Supervisors to make sure operation begins as scheduled.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations.
- Mechanical inclination and knowledge of job specifications.
- Industrial construction experience beneficial.
- Previous hourly maintenance and supervisor experience preferred.
- Work 40+ hours per week in all areas of the plant.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and practices used in the building, mechanical and electrical trades.
- Previous mechanical and related experience required.
- Considerable knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Tends to other duties as needed. Education Requirements (if applicable):
- Technical schooling with mechanical or electrical emphasis helpful.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.Working Conditions:
- Production and maintenance settings
- Exposure to various chemicals, machinery, and knives
- Slippery floors, cold temperatures, and loud ambient noise
- Ability to work 50+ hours
- Good attendance and safety records
Internal: Employees on the production line and plant management
External: USDA and Union EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
JBS offers a full range of benefits including health care, life insurance, and a 401 (K) plan.
JBS is an equal opportunity employer.